Let's talk about blush!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorites are Nars Luster, Nars Taj Mahal & Bobbi Brown powder blush in Coral

I have been using NARS Gaity on a daily basis lately, but before that it was mostly the Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year blush duo... the non-shimmery side.  I don't know what it's called.  Desert Flower maybe?  I also love peaches, as well, like the Hard Candy Fox in a Box in Skinny Dipping.

Lately, I've found myself reaching for my MAC blush in Full of Joy. I never thought I would fall for a lavender blush, but I totally and completely did. 

Currently obsessed with blushes from theBalm...Frat Boy goes well with EVERY look, and the color lasts all day!  Got Down Boy in the mail yesterday...woohoo!

Cream blushes ftw!!! MAC, NYX, Ben Nye and Mehron are the brands I own right now, but I definitely will be branching out to other brands.

I haven't seen anyone mention Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12 Hour blush but I recently bought their bronzer/blush duo from Sephora. The blush came in the color "dollface" which is a light pink and I absolutely LOVE it! It's a miniature version and I can't wait to buy the full size. I think the next color I'll try will be "exposed" which is a nude. They last all day and just melt into the skin. Looks very natural.

I was recommended this one at Sephora and I love it as well... except I have it in "Frisky" which is their coral shade since I'm med/tan. 

Also, Tonga is awesome! 

Originally Posted by LuxeMinimalist /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't seen anyone mention Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12 Hour blush but I recently bought their bronzer/blush duo from Sephora. The blush came in the color "dollface" which is a light pink and I absolutely LOVE it! It's a miniature version and I can't wait to buy the full size. I think the next color I'll try will be "exposed" which is a nude. They last all day and just melt into the skin. Looks very natural.

I recently got cannes by cargo. I'm obsessed! It's a peach, and I'd never used peach blush, and it just gives a gorgeous natural glow. 

Originally Posted by annacristina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was recommended this one at Sephora and I love it as well... except I have it in "Frisky" which is their coral shade since I'm med/tan. 

Also, Tonga is awesome! 
I'll have to check those two out! Tarte just might be my new fav for blush 
smilehappyyes.gif

I go to work early and get home relatively late and powder blushes rarely make it through the day.  I'm just getting into cream and stain blushes and I can definitely tell a difference.  I know the Tarte blushes are supposed to have a lot of staying power, but I also don't care for blush with a lot of shimmer.  Anyone have any other recommendations?

I love MAC blushes too! and I appreciate the range of colors they offer.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Blush is my favorite makeup item! I think I have around 30 or so, which might seem crazy to some people, but it's what I'm really into. I absolutely loveloveLOVE MAC blushes. I think my favorite is probably Cubic. It looks really blah and dull in the pan, but it just looks so natural and effortless when it's on your cheeks. I find myself reaching for it a lot. Same with NARS Orgasm. I love a good natural looking flush. 

That's so interesting... I have oily skin and I find that powder blushes work the best for me. Cream-based products don't stand a chance against this chic's face. Its so interesting how what works for one person doesn't work for the other.

Originally Posted by clchild /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I go to work early and get home relatively late and powder blushes rarely make it through the day.  I'm just getting into cream and stain blushes and I can definitely tell a difference.  I know the Tarte blushes are supposed to have a lot of staying power, but I also don't care for blush with a lot of shimmer.  Anyone have any other recommendations?

Back