LIGHT to medium coverage foundation help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are some good light to medium coverage foundations (more coverage than tinted moisturizers, but won't cover things like freckles)?

The only ones I can think of are Clinique (what I used to use when I was 17) and Bare Minerals Foundation powder.  Just seeing if you all know something better 
smile.gif
  I was considering the Makeup Forever Face and Body, but I heard it doesn't stay on that great, and I have VERY oily skin.

If you're looking at drug store brands I really love the new Maybelline Fit Me. Also, I've been using the Maybelline smooth mousse foundation. Hope that helps.

I'm in love with NYX HD foundation! It's really buildable and can easily be built up to desired coverage, I apply it with my Sigma F80 and it goes on so smoothly and I only need two pea-sized drops for my entire face.

If you want light to medium coverage, you should always go for powder foundations. I say that because powder is really flexible. You can build up your coverage to light-medium-heavy. I use MAC StudioFix Powder Foundation, works really well :) 

I second the Fit Me--feels very light, isn't cakey or anything.

you could also just mix moisturizer with your foundation to control the coverage

Fit Me is a good foundation in terms of coverage, and if applied with a concealer underneath, it works wonders. I third FitMe

I also like natural looking foundation and I use bare minerals most of the time and I am very pleased with it. A few month s ago though I picked up a liquid foundation to use when my skin is more dry, I got Fresh Umbrian clay freshface and I really like it. It has a very natural finish when applied with a wet sponge ( I tried to buff it in with a brush but the finish was too "glowy"), does not settle in the fine lines and stays put for 8-10 hours.

If your interested in Make Up Forever, you should try the HD Invisible Cover. It's great for all skin types, long lasting, and best of all oil free. I would suggest using a primer underneath and it will keep it on 14hrs plus! I know I have super oily skin too. It lightweight to medium coverage and it has light reflecting qualities to give you a "soft" look.

If you want something similar check out Laura Mercier all her products are good for us lady with oil slicks on our faces.lol.

For more suggestions check out my blog:

*blog link removed by mod - spam*

Back