Lilly's Lashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

If you're a BRAVO fan then you probably watch Shahs of Sunset. If you do then you're familiar with Lilly Ghalichi and how the "Persian Barbie" is best known for her false hair and eyelashes; Lilly has launched her own lash line called Lilly Lashes. These are available for pre-order now but won't ship until February 25, 2013.

There are 13 pairs of upper lashes, three pairs of lower lashes, five sets of individual lashes which include two sets of lower and three sets of upper individual lashes. All her lashes are $6.99 each.

Upper lashes
Dubai​
Barcelona​
Cairo​

Istanbul

LA

London

Milan

Paris

Reno

Saint Tropez

Shanghai

Tehran

Venice

Bottom lashes

Budapest

Hong Kong

Tokyo

Individual lashes

Shorties

Sky High

Just Right

Stiletto

Undies

Can't help but notice that the strips look like the ones you get from MAC and the individuals you get from Kryolan. And the price point is way better than both brands... Even with my discount. At IMATS Toronto, Alcone sold the same styles for a buck cheaper. However, the Lilly lashes are a much better deal even without a pro discount.

I've seen her on tv.. my goodness, she has some hair! I've never used strip kashes, only individual ones. Maybe I'll look for these when they come out. Do you know if they're online only or going to retail stores?

Well I ordered three pairs and I don't suggest ordering from them until they fix their shipping issues. So what's the issue? Cheap mailing envelops in which crushed packaging/lashes come in.

I ordered Cairo, Istanbul and Tehran for $6.99 each and paid $5.99 in shipping. I don't mind paying shipping so long as the rate is reasonable and the items I ordered don't arrive damaged. In this case the shipping packaging was cheap and the lashes boxes came crushed.

So the lashes arrived in a white mailing envelope intended for papers. If it was a bubble mailer the lashes probably would be fine but it wasn't a bubble mailer at all and as a result the packaging came crushed.

On top of that it came via First Class mail and postage was paid for via Paypal's merchant shipping which means it was VERY INEXPENSIVE to ship. Looking it up a 3 oz package from them to me was only $1.32 at most. If you factor in the value of the envelope at most it was $1.60... and I paid $5.99 for shipping.

The bottoms of the packaging were open as in the pic while at the top those were starting to open. This only happens when packaging is crushed.

As for the lashes itself, those look fine but my big beef about it is that I feel absolutely ripped off with the shipping since I essentially paid over $4 more for shipping. To me they either should have used a bubble mailer, used a box OR used a free Priority Shipping box and ship via Priority to justify the $5.99 cost. In my head if they get 100 orders of three pairs or less and are shipping in this exact manner they're going to make over $400 in profit! If they ship 1000 orders like mine then it's a $4,000 profit. I don't fault them for wanting to make a profit but NOT when it means the product packaging arrives damaged.

BTW - the lashes themselves are nice BUT these are definitely just repackaged for them. These are possibly Red Cherry lashes but I'm not entirely sure (Red Cherry are between $2 to $3 each retail). It's also possible these are just generic made in China but there is no point of origin on the packaging.

Cairo = 605 Black

Istanbul = 523 Black

Tehran = D Wispy

Looks like you paid the Canadian rate for shipping. 😒 Even though we are in different countries, I feel your pain.

So after I vented both here and on my blog I emailed them about it because it just irked me to no end. I received an apology from them and an offer to replace the lashes which in my book are qualities of a GOOD business so gold star to them on that.

Back