Lip Balm

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Liz i just dip my lips in it. it's mine and i don't let people use my stuff. lol LOL i could so picture that.
okay, i put it on (half of it's gone, like it was cut, don't know why) and wow, it completely restored my completely dry lips, VERY dry lips. i went to go wash my face, went to go put it back on, AND NOW IT WON'T OPEN. i tried napkins, my blanket, etc. to hold on and nope. won't open
frown.gif

i think god wants me to die of like, lip dehydration.

Originally Posted by Jennifer LOL i could so picture that.
okay, i put it on (half of it's gone, like it was cut, don't know why) and wow, it completely restored my completely dry lips, VERY dry lips. i went to go wash my face, went to go put it back on, AND NOW IT WON'T OPEN. i tried napkins, my blanket, etc. to hold on and nope. won't open
frown.gif

i think god wants me to die of like, lip dehydration.

lol. i think people think i might be eating it or something. lol.
it might be the pressure from it closing. try pushing down on the cap in the middle. or twisting the cap off. i've never had a problem with it not opening. lol

Originally Posted by Liz lol. i think people think i might be eating it or something. lol.
it might be the pressure from it closing. try pushing down on the cap in the middle. or twisting the cap off. i've never had a problem with it not opening. lol

it's not jammed. it's just so slippery it won't open LOL

Originally Posted by Trisha Eve Lom's Kiss Mix is my favourite lip balm, closely followed by Creme De La Mer, these are the only balms ive tried that actually soak in and moisturise x You should try the Decleor one next time!!

Most of the brands you metioned do not exist here in Greece.The brands we have for lip balms are: Neutrogena,Chapstick,Body Shop,Mac,all the high price brands(estee lauder,clinique,lancome,biotherm etc.),liposan.Do you know anything about these lip balms?

Originally Posted by Sophia Most of the brands you metioned do not exist here in Greece.The brands we have for lip balms are: Neutrogena,Chapstick,Body Shop,Mac,all the high price brands(estee lauder,clinique,lancome,biotherm etc.),liposan.Do you know anything about these lip balms? I'm not sure about these brands, but it's worth checking out the ingredient listed to see if they contain petroleum/paraffinium.

My current fave is a lipbalm called a honeystick from this very small company that is all natural and has honey (tastes and smells yummy and it's a great humectant) called Oyin. They also come tinted. My lips don't feel dry all day after just applying once and really baseline moisture is much improved (ie I could skip a day with nothing on my lips and still not be dry).

Ingredients: Cocoa and shea butters, castor oil, beeswax, pure honey, vitamin E.

I am a lip balm junkie though---Have used Kiehls, Rosebud salve, Plumeria gal, neutrogena, chapstick, burt's bees, etc. All good stuff.

Originally Posted by Naturally I couldn't find mine when I was away the other week ..so I bought some Burts Bee's tinted lip balm. I think they are called Lip Shimmer. I got the Watermelon color - light ..not a lot of color but wow it helped my poor chapped lips! ugh, those are gross. i have champagne and it accentuates flakes in my lips i never even felt/seen! they did save my lips, though, when i couldn't find the reg. burt's!

I do my own lip balm =)

50 ml virgin olive oil

7g pure beeswax

1 teaspoon of honey

10 drops of your choice essential oil (I use lavender and lemon, mint and the like can sting!)

You can add a slice of lipstick and a bit of pigment for color and sparkle.

To make it, just mix everything heating it very softly, and pour in jars. Shake softly while it gets cold if it has sparkles, or they will go to the bottom or float.

Originally Posted by Medvssa I do my own lip balm =)
50 ml virgin olive oil

7g pure beeswax

1 teaspoon of honey

10 drops of your choice essential oil (I use lavender and lemon, mint and the like can sting!)

To make it, just mix everything heating it very softly, and pour in jars. Shake softly while it gets cold if it has sparkles, or they will go to the bottom or float.

Hi Medvssa!Welcome to MUT!

Making your own lip balm sounds like a great idea as you know what's going into the product.

Originally Posted by Bhav Hi Medvssa!Welcome to MUT!

Making your own lip balm sounds like a great idea as you know what's going into the product.

Yes, you get rid of the ubiquitous petroleum.

I love it in Mon Cherie but I think it was LE.

Originally Posted by Sophia My lip balm is almost off and I want to buy a new one for the fall/winter! I'm thinking of Mac's Lip Conditioner.What do you think?What do you use?

Originally Posted by Medvssa I do my own lip balm =)
50 ml virgin olive oil

7g pure beeswax

1 teaspoon of honey

hi and welcome to MUT! i'm jennifer from NY.
that sounds so cool that you make your own balm. i'd love to do that, but i'm too lazy LOL thanks for sharing!

Back