Lip/cheek stain

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i was wondering have any of you heard of lip and cheek stain - its an alternative to blusher i think (not too sure) and like lipstick doesn't wipe off on glasses etc - and is removed with make-up removers.

has anyone tried it? i saw it recently and was intrigued but i wasn't sure how permanent it would be or if it even works.

I've used a couple of different ones - by Lorac, Vincent Longo, Revlon and The Balm. They wear very well and tint lips and cheeks a deep, vibrant shade that is still translucent.

My favorite formulas are actually the least expensive - The Balm's Staniac comes in three colors and is in a sort of lip gloss tube with a doe-foot wand applicator. It's more of a gel consistency and lets you have more time to blend, which is awesome for using as a blush. Revlon's comes in a glass vial with a rooler ball applicator - narrow enough to use on lips, but not as precise as the wand applicator. It's also thinner in consistency and not as workable. The other two were in fatter rollerball containers, great for cheeks but not so much for lips.

I like the stains on bare lips, then I define with a nude-toned pencil and blend it, then top with balm, gloss or lipstick, and I get all day color.

Def. worth playing with!

-b.

I've heard of this and wondered about it as well. I tend to go for taupes or purple colors for the lips.

I htink Revlon has one that is sort of in the Violet family, and certainly Vincent Long does. Also I saw some pretty earthy neutrals at nixiecosmetics.com - but I haven't tried them yet.

Stainiac comes in three shades - a rosey shade, a tangerine tone that looks great on pale or tanned warm toned skin, and a very blue-based red that shift to fuschia on me, but could be just what you love. Worth testing out next time you're at nordies or sephora...

Back