Lip Gloss!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like some recs from everyone on their fave glosses. Since lip glosses are my obsession, I've tried many but I'm looking to try some others. My all-time favorite brands are:

Prescriptives Moonbeam glosses (Stellar is the BEST!)

CoverGirl Wetslicks (high performance for the price, IMO)

Clinique Glosswear (I get soooooooo many compliments when I wear Fuschia)

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds Liquid

Some I DON'T like:

Lancome Juicy Tubes (I ended up with more in my hair than on my lips)

Maybelline Shiny-licious (they're OK, but I don't care to own more)

Revlon LipGlides (they smell soooooooooooooo gross)

Just looking for some input to decide what I should try next.

MAC, baby!

I am a total gloss girl and I love MAC lipglasses and lustreglasses. The lipglasses tend to be thicker and stickier but have a great color range and with care can last on your lips for HOURS! Lustreglasses are less sticky but have less color range but are really pretty; they don't last quite as long as the lipglass but they still do pretty well.

Flash of Flesh (the LE lipglass from the D'Bohemia line) is GORGEOUS--check it out.

MAC - Sinnamon Lustreglass, Prr lipglass and Viva Glam V lipglass

Stila - guava, lichee, and others (cant remember the names)

I adore Stila lipglazes, and I like juicy tubes too, although the hair thing does wind me up a bit.

I have tried a lot different lipgloss's but i do think Clinique's lipgloss is good and i like Rimmels High Shine (clear) i use that over lipstick to make it glossy. I tried Elizabeth Arden's clear gloss (which is a minty flavored clear gloss which is better for daytime). Iman has some fantastci high shine gloss#s that are fantastic on all skin tones and ime adding them to my wishlist (they are so fab with a mirror shine (which i love).

i like mac and stila.

i just bought a stila lipglaze and really like it. it's called starfruit. vanilla is also nice.

Thanks girls! I'll check them all out and let you know what I end up with. I'll probably shop over the weekend. If only Sephora would start carrying MAC, then I could shop all in one place!

I've seen the Stila Lip Glazes being praised in all the magazines, so I'm anxious to try them. I vaguely remember having a sample of Watermelon, but I must have lost it before I ever got a chance to use it.

I actually bought a couple of Lip Smacker glosses today at Target just to hold me over til I can get to Sephora. My friends are joking that I'm going to end up on the Dr. Phil show to talk about my addiction. It's entirely possible!

If you want something that provides as much color coverage as a lipstick, try L'Oreal's Endless Liquid Lipcolor. It looks like a shiny lipstick on my lips but doesn't dry out my lips like regular lipsticks, especially if I put a light layer of lip balm underneath! (I wear lip balm under all my l/g though!) My favorite color is Forever Blushing, a pale pink; hubby likes it so much I wore it to our wedding!

Otherwise, I haven't found any other l/g that I totally love ... the ones I've tried all provide such sheer color, they all end up looking the same on my lips!

We have such similiar taste Marisol! Sinnamon & VGV are my two faves as well.
smile.gif

But oh oh, just wait 'til those MAC Lip Gelees come out. I've got a bad lemming right now.... lol!

Originally Posted by spazbaby I'd like some recs from everyone on their fave glosses. Since lip glosses are my obsession, I've tried many but I'm looking to try some others. My all-time favorite brands are:
Prescriptives Moonbeam glosses (Stellar is the BEST!)

CoverGirl Wetslicks (high performance for the price, IMO)

Clinique Glosswear (I get soooooooo many compliments when I wear Fuschia)

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds Liquid

Some I DON'T like:

Lancome Juicy Tubes (I ended up with more in my hair than on my lips)

Maybelline Shiny-licious (they're OK, but I don't care to own more)

Revlon LipGlides (they smell soooooooooooooo gross)

Just looking for some input to decide what I should try next.

Love MAC,Chanel,Bare escentuals and NARS

Latest posts

Back