Lip primer suggestions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all,

i think i need to start using some kind of lip primer...have any of you used one? what brands carry them and do they make a difference? any suggestions to maximize staying power of lipstick and minimizing wrinkles on lips? thanks ladies! any tips would help~aloha, deb

I use Guerlians lip lift and I really like it. It helps make my lipstick stay on longer.

I don't know of a good lip primer but benefit's lip liner is really good for making lipstick and gloss last longer.

Originally Posted by debbiedeb77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif do they carry this at sephora? I'm not sure, we don't have sephora in Australia. But you get usually get it on strawberrynet.

Hey, well mac's prep and prime is awsome, it glides on really smooth (think smashbox but for your lips) and if you put it slightly outside your lipline, it prevents bleeding and helps out abit it you cheat when putting lip liner on.

I dont wear much lipstick but its great when i wear Russian red and its great for just glosses too.

Laaastly, i use it on my mom and it helps fill in any little lines

i like using a sealer OVER lipstick... i had lipchic and then bought makeup forever, which i thougth was trash at first use, until i realized it ws that i wasnt letting it dry long enough before putting a lipgloss on over it. just before to moisturize your lips well first... let fully dry and then a gloss topcoat.

i also like using stains under lipstick as well.

awesome suggestions, thanks you guys-

liz, is this the same prep and prime you would use on your face?

brewgrl, so the makeup forever one does work well?

yes, the MUFE sealer does work well, but be sure to let it completely dry. if not, and you put your lipgloss over it too early, it becomes a nightmare, where the ingredients seem to coagulate, creating these little glue-like balls on your lips- NOT FUN... but if used correctly, it will keep your lipstick on throughout dinner.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif i like using a sealer OVER lipstick... i had lipchic and then bought makeup forever, which i thougth was trash at first use, until i realized it ws that i wasnt letting it dry long enough before putting a lipgloss on over it. just before to moisturize your lips well first... let fully dry and then a gloss topcoat.
i also like using stains under lipstick as well.

I used to use a sealant called lip cote that sounds like the same thing, it worked really well. Haven't used it for years though.

i've always wanted to try a sealant, i gotta see if i can get a sample at the MUFE counter

and its frm the same line but its specifically for the lips
smile.gif

for something cheap, try rimmels volume booster primer. I think its new and I only found it at Walgreens in a display. there were only 2 there and no real advertisments for it specifically. In a light pink lipstick tube. I love this stuff!!!! so moisturizing and makes my lips smooth for gloss. for the price ($6) its worth it, better than balm for me.

No need to spend xtra $ on a primer. Put a thin layer of foundation followed by a light dusting of powder onto your lips, then use a good lip liner, and 2 coats of lipstick, blotting in between coats.

I use the same foundation on my face on my lips--as I am applying foundation I just put it on the lips as well and then use Mac-prep and prime--my lipstick would not dare move!!!

thanks a bunch for all the feedback...i will try the above asap, i just purchased a lip primer from mac-i'll still try the foundation on lips too. i'll let you guys know what has worked best for me
smile.gif
aloha-debbie

Latest posts

Back