Lipliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It has been a long time since I've used lipliner, and when I previously used it I was probably a young teenager and didn't have a clue as to what I was actually doing. I just got a free MAC lipliner. Can everyone share some tips and techniques to lipliner for me.

lipliner can be your best tool, because you can use it to shape your lips to whatever you want it to be, or you can use it to keep your other lip color products to last longer.

I suggest picking a shade that is close to your natural liptone. My favorite it Bronzelle by Lancome, because it looks like the brownish pink shade around your lips...and it is waterproof so it is great when you want to just use it with lip gloss.

Sexy round lips

Start with drawing the outer corner of the top lip to the top peek of one side of your mouth. Then do the other side.....then draw in the middle part of the upper lip, by starting in the CENTER and draw UP to the peek on each side of the upper lip. Next draw the line on your bottom lip.....from the outer corner to the center of each side. DO NOT DRAW YOUR LIPLINER FROM CORNER TO CORNER.

When you do this technique your hands "naturally" draw your line more rounded, so your lips appear more full and sexy.

Now BLEND your lip line with a brush and then put your lipstick on....with a lip brush.

Classic lips

Do the opposite....Start from the top of the peek of the lip and draw your lip line straight down to the corners of the top lip. Then draw the center of the lip by making a "V"....start with the peek and craw DOWN. Draw your bottom lip from the center out.

When you use this technique, your hands have a tendency to draw straighter lines....so your lips look more "exact"....giving them a more classic look.

I hope these tips help you....just don't forget to blend your lip liner with a dry lip brush before you apply lipstick, so your lines never appear harsh.

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Great advice Candice!!! I cant tell how important lip liner is and the difference it can make to your look!! I think key is to get one that closely matches your lipcolor. It is reallly not flattering when girls pick a shade much darker and they look like they have a ring of chocolate around their lips!

Originally Posted by shoediva Great advice Candice!!! I cant tell how important lip liner is and the difference it can make to your look!! I think key is to get one that closely matches your lipcolor. It is reallly not flattering when girls pick a shade much darker and they look like they have a ring of chocolate around their lips! Those same people will still have the same problem with their lipliner being too dark, or in an "off" shade than their lipstick even when they try to match thier lip line to their lipstick because of 2 reasons:
1. picking a lip liner that is too dark for their lipstick

2. when they put the lipstick inside the lip liner line

Many people use the liner as an "out line"...just like in coloring a coloring book, so they draw within the lines. When you put your lipstick on, put it on top of your lip liner.

If you don't want to have tons of lip liners to match each shade of lipstick that you own, you can still get a lip liner that is close to the shade of the edge of your lips and still be able to use with just about any shade of lipstick that you want and it turn out alright. Just make sure you blend you lip liner though.
icon_biggrin.gif

For light to medium complexions I use Bronzelle or Fraichelle Le Lipsticke lip liner from Lancome.

For Deep to very dark complexions i use Amandelle or Midnight Sand Le Lipstickes lip liner from Lancome.

I use these with just about any shade I am using unless I want a true red.

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Thanks for the wonderful tips ladies! Now it actually feels like I know what I'm doing.

Latest posts

Back