Lipstick in summer heat

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that I'm sort of awake and coherent enough to make sense when I write...

It seems like some of my lipsticks just don't like the summer heat as much as my other lipsticks. MAC and Urban Decay Pleather pencils seem to be the worst. I had to put them all in a little makeup case to keep in the fridge today! Anyone else keep lippies in the fridge? Any other brands that are particularly melty in the heat?

Originally Posted by Charmaine Wow really? If I keep them in my room that doesn't happen. Is your room really sunny? Do you put your makeup near a window? that might be the cause of your lippies melting. No not at all! I live in a nice cool warehouse, and I keep them in the bathroom which is actually the coolest room in the house. (even during a hot shower is it still chilly in there)

Hey you changed your avatar! Good pic!

I have never really had any lippies melt unless I left them in my car or in the sun (I live in FL).

We don't get enough heat over here in the UK to melt lippies (unless you deliberately leave them in the sun, but I have kept lipsticks, lip liners and eyeliners in the fridge to keep them 'fresher'. I tend to stick to gloss in the summer anyway because I think lipstick looks a bit too full on when the sun is out!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Now that I'm sort of awake and coherent enough to make sense when I write...
It seems like some of my lipsticks just don't like the summer heat as much as my other lipsticks. MAC and Urban Decay Pleather pencils seem to be the worst. I had to put them all in a little makeup case to keep in the fridge today! Anyone else keep lippies in the fridge? Any other brands that are particularly melty in the heat?

I know what you mean
frown.gif
It's been freakin' hot here in Toronto lately (same as in NY) that some of my lipsticks have "sweated". I didn't bother putting them in the fridge though. I just wiped them all down and put them in the basement for awhile. The worst for me were the MAC and Ben Nye ones. The one brand that I didn't have a problem with was Christian Dior.

hm, that's never happened to me and my apt. can go up to 100 degrees without the ACs on, even when it's just 80 outside.

Back