Liquid eyeliner help, Please!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need help applying my liquid eyeliner whenever I try and do it, it comes out looking sloppy and uneven. I’m wondering how some of you lovely ladies get your liquid liner to go on so smooth and perfect! Also I’m wondering what the best situations to where liquid eyeliner VS regular eyeliner would be. Thank you in advance!
worship.gif

I hate the kind that come in a pen..is that what you have?? The brushes always suck! I prefer to use either a cream or cake liner with a very thin brush. The cake liner is nice because you can add water and control the consistency of the product. More water makes it a little easier to work with.

The one i have is like..well it kind of looks like a nail polish bottle :/ very fine brush, it is kind of runny too which makes it diffcult to apply because i always fear getting it in my eye lol. I will check out those links thank you both so much
biggrin.gif

I find felt tip brushes to be the easiest - try Loreal's Lineur Intense in Carbon Black with the felt tip.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lexi452 /img/forum/go_quote.gif The one i have is like..well it kind of looks like a nail polish bottle :/ very fine brush, it is kind of runny too which makes it diffcult to apply because i always fear getting it in my eye lol. I will check out those links thank you both so much
biggrin.gif
Liquid liners like the one you describe take a lot of practice. I try to do it with a single steady stroke from the inside out. But just yesterday I tried the L'oreal HIP cream liners (in black) and it's awesome! WAY easy to use and the color is so dark and rich. I'll probably use my regular liquid a lot less after trying this. It comes with its own little brush with very stiff, short bristles.
As far as when to wear liquid as opposed to no liner or a softer liner, I think night-time is always good because it really makes the eyes pop. It's alright for daytime as well, I just try to use a finer line. For some people, liquid is all they use!
smile.gif

Im going to look up that L'oreal HIP cream liner, i might just try that too!

I only use liquid eyeliner on the top eyelid. I use pencil for inside water line. I use Fluidlines for inside the waterline.

Latest posts

Back