Liquid Eyeliner ??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a weird revelation the other day. I have never used liquid eyeliner! Whenever I read about it or see in in stores, I basically ignore it. It just seems tricky to use and I'm not into that hard looking line. I never talked to anybody who liked it and used it. What do you guys think? Is this something I should practice using, are the results worth it? Which ones are the best?

TIA!

I use Revlons colorstay, I like it alot. I use it on upper lashes mostly . I say just practise useing it, I bet you would like the results.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam I had a weird revelation the other day. I have never used liquid eyeliner! Whenever I read about it or see in in stores, I basically ignore it. It just seems tricky to use and I'm not into that hard looking line. I never talked to anybody who liked it and used it. What do you guys think? Is this something I should practice using, are the results worth it? Which ones are the best? TIA!

I´m in the same boat. although I own like 3 cheap black eyeliners that I just bought for the purpose of practicing. I could never get a result that I liked. so I got a couple of the MAC fluidlines. the result is almost the same, colorwise.ok, the black fluidline is a little more "flat" than the liquid liners. but the outcome of the MAC one is sooo much better.

after getting the small angled brush (# 208)to use the fluidlines with I also tried to apply my cheap liquid liners with this. and it worked much better.

it´s really a thing of personal preference. but a lot of people on here have the fluidlines also and they were sold out so quickly because they´re so popular now. give it a try!

Originally Posted by michelleteng ME TOO!!But things changed after I heard about a lot of benefits brought by liquid eyeliner. I used to use pencil but it always smudges after a while. It's so annoying!! So I start to use liquid eyeliner and finally get rid of that!!It's actually not very difficult , just take few practices.

Welcome to MakeUpTalk michelleteng! I'm Laura from Ireland.
I have to ditto what Trisha said, i MUCH prefer gel eyeliners to liquid liners. Have you tried MAC's Fluidlines yet glamslam?

There was a rumour that they're being re-packaged so that's why stock is low at the moment.. Hope you get to try some of the brighter colours when they're released again. Have you seen Blue Peep? I am lemming that after seeing Arielle & Trisha's FOTD's with it! Check out the FOTD (Face Of The Day) forum if you havent done so yet!!

If you need anything on here just SHOUT by the way & one of the mods will help you out
biggrin.gif

i personally started using liquid a few years ago but i always made sure to get the ones with the felt tipped applicators (since they are easier) I have started using the gel and other liquids with brushes but i still do like to use my felt tipped applicators. those are the ones i'd tell people to start with.

yea they do take a bit of getting used to. but that's why i think the felt tipped ones are better for liquid newbies since they can be treated more like a pencil but with a liquid look.

I do not like pencil eye liners just because I am not very good with them and liquid liners always freaked me out. But I have 3 Fluidlines and I love them! They are so easy to apply and don't smudge. I also wet my e/s and I can have a pretty steady hand with those.

I'm so much better with a pencil than with the Fluidlines... that's why I'm so happy the MAC Powerpoints last so well - but the fluidlines are nice too, just take a little longer for my unsteady hand to get a good line! I only liked one liquid liner I tried, and that was a felt tip (like Angela mentioned) by Maybelline... it was almost like a pen. That was easy... but didnt' last as long as the MAC gel & pencils. And Welcome to MuT, Michelle!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sounds like MAC Fluidlines are a staple around here! I like the idea of the gel liners too. I am off to browse online! I *might* get some free time to shop at Macy's tomorrow, but if not I might have to do the cyber-shopping thing. Since I'm sticking with black (to start), I don't have to worry about how the shade looks on the computer monitor.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm so much better with a pencil than with the Fluidlines... that's why I'm so happy the MAC Powerpoints last so well - but the fluidlines are nice too, just take a little longer for my unsteady hand to get a good line! I only liked one liquid liner I tried, and that was a felt tip (like Angela mentioned) by Maybelline... it was almost like a pen. That was easy... but didnt' last as long as the MAC gel & pencils. And Welcome to MuT, Michelle!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i use the waterproof one and let me tell ya that one lasts on me. and i have oily lids

i got a liquid liner (prestige) as a swap extra yesterday and it's my first i've ever tried. i definitely don't like it. i just prefer khols the most.

I *LOVE* liquid eyeliner! My favouritest eyeliner ever (well, never tried gel ey eliners yet but I'm sure I will love them dearly). The best kind of liquid eyeliner for beginners are the pen type, NOT the ink wells are they are a bit harder to control. My Holy Grail drugstore liquid eyeliner is L'oreal Line Intensifique Liquid Liner. It's the exact same as Lancome's Art Liner, my hold HG. Another good drugstore eyeliner is Maybelline Eye Express Easy Lining Pen.

As long as you have a steady hand, I don't think you'll have a problem applying liquid liners.
smile.gif

I never found a liquid liner that i liked and could apply well, without it making a real mess!! And then i tried the MAC fluidlines and, like everyone else here, i really like them!

I have been thinking about the fluidliners awhile, I think yall have talked me into them , lol . Gonna go order some. Does anyone know a good online place to order from and maybe has free shipping. thanksss.
icon_smile.gif

Hey Chelle, i'm not sure if they're still in stock but Gloss.com do sell MAC and always have a free shipping code floating about. Check out the site for details
biggrin.gif

I'm a fan of MAC Stilletto - Black with just a hint of eggplant/purple.

LOVE THIS on my green eyes.

Yup, I'm with the majority here: I love MAC's Fluidline and Stila's Smudgepots. SO SO much easier to deal with than liquid liner!

Latest posts

Back