Little Black Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a photo last night with my iPhone but it doesn't come close to capturing how pretty the bracelet is. It's tough/rocker chick and yet it sparkles. I'll post the iPhone piccy in a few, but I'll definitely post another, better, photo of the bracelet when I find my DSLR battery charger. 
smile.gif

How it came packaged. Very nicely wrapped. 

I know some of you are anti pink, but I'm a pink and sparkly as you can get kind of girly girl, so this frame is VERY me! It's huge (and ceramic). It holds an 8x10 photo. The Kenneth Jay Lane bracelet exceeded my expectations. I knew it was going to be cool looking and pretty but it's full on WOW in person. My spousal unit saw it on me and was like, "Whoa, when did you get that? That is awesome." I plan on wearing it to many concerts in the future. It's so tough, yet girly, at the same time. Last but not least, my Cargo reverse lip liner did not disappoint. Was it worth $50 to me this month? ABSOLUTELY!

I decided to check this site out...but it looks like most of the items that I have to choose from are earrings! Which i'm not really interested in. There are also a LOT of i phone/ipod cases...which I have neither of those! I tried taking the quiz again a couple of times but basically got the same things.

If I were to choose something I liked, would the people that want to trade with me have different items from what I see in my section? Or is it mostly the same stuff that I'm seeing right now?

yes there's lots of different items and new ones come up every day. I would definitely suggest waiting the full 7 days to stop trading. I had a bag that I thought I was done with and new stuff came that I liked better. I am very glad I hadn't "cashed out" so to speak.

I'll keep checking back every day then. As of right now I can't even find one item I like in my options (besides all the makeup, of course).

What kind of stuff are you looking for? I have access to the whole gallery since I opened my bag

The only thing I saw that I really liked was the yellow bow clutch (I can't remember what the brand is) but I saw that it's cheaper at other sites (around 25). I guess I like vintagey/bright colored things and was hoping to find a purse/clutch!

I'm still not finding anything new/the things I liked in your PM...i've changed my quiz so many times too!! I really want to try this service out though...would it be sad if I got the Cargo Blush Stick as my one item? haha I actually really want that...

If you get the blush stick it should give you a high priced item to even out the difference in bag value if your higher priced item is around 75-80 you might be able to trade but some of those higher priced items people don't trade at all. what "bag" do you get when you take the quiz?

After you take the quiz once you can also go back and just switch what type of bag you are. It's down at the bottom just click through them.

Yea I forgot you could change it at the end. I was asking her because one of the bags she likes I got as one of my picks when I started in fact it was almost my pick lol. I got the houndstooth or quilted bag I can't remember now because I've changed it since.

Can someone tell me when the bags are shipped they send shipment confirmation? My 1st bag shipped yesterday but I haven't received the tracking info...

Originally Posted by mybabyrocks0709 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone tell me when the bags are shipped they send shipment confirmation? My 1st bag shipped yesterday but I haven't received the tracking info...

I received shipment confirmation on my first bag the same day the shipping label was generated (the day after trading ended, although it ended on a Sunday, so I don't know whether it shipped the day after because that's their standard turnaround time or because it was a Sunday), although it didn't hit the FedEx system until the following day.  Have you checked your spam folder?  I've had shipping notificaitons go there, and I haven't discovered it until after the packages arrived.

I've actually tried every bag out now haha and all of them give me the same options besides a few pieces of jewelery :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea I forgot you could change it at the end. I was asking her because one of the bags she likes I got as one of my picks when I started in fact it was almost my pick lol. I got the houndstooth or quilted bag I can't remember now because I've changed it since.

Aw that sucks. I'm sorry you can't get them. People have them for trade if you want to take the chance but I could completely understand not wanting to risk not getting what you like in your bag. If there hadn't been something worth picking from my picks I wouldn't have subbed either.

I'll probably end up subbing next month, it looks like everything has been taken at this point. There are only 4 bags/clutches total to choose from :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If I picked something i'm semi-interested in and don't end up liking my bag in the end (after trading) can I decide to not get the bag?

I don't think so. I think once you open your bag it's a purchase but they apparently do refunds/returns on items but I'm not sure how that would work it says they credit it to your next bag. This is my first month.

I ended up getting a bag anyway haha. There's a clutch I think I could end up really liking...let's hope the trading goes well because one of my items is horrendous and no one is trading me anything that's the same value as it!

Back