Living Gluten-free!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!! 
laughing.gif

This is a place for anyone who currently is or is considering going gluten-free to share their tips, ask questions, and to encourage one another!

Awesome! Thanks Fairest of All
smile.gif

For starters- can anyone recommend a gluten free cereal? Preferably one that tastes good
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif

For starters- can anyone recommend a gluten free cereal? Preferably one that tastes good
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I like Chex corn and rice varieties. The apple cinnamon one is really good!

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks I didnt know Chex was gf. I will be sure to grab some when Im at Kroger this weekend.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

If you like sugary sweet cereals, Fruity Pebbles are now gluten free.

(I was diagnosed with celiac's disease last year, and have been living gluten free for about 7 months now. I appreciate any tips, and will share as well)

This was my first gluten-free shopping trip just to give an idea of the types of foods out there 
smile.gif

Yes! I eat Amy's all the time, yum.

I subscribed to Healthy Surprise, which is a newer subscription service.

This one is 33.00 plus 5.00 shipping for the Starter Box (for one person) but its suppose to be 16-20 servings, so I hope its worth it. And its all natural/vegan/gluten free snacks. And when you place an order it allows you to enter any special instructions/allergies. So it seems they will customize the products to suit your needs. Which is pretty awesome IMO. I dont have any allergies myself, but I know lots of ppl do so I had to mention that 
smile.gif

http://www.healthysurprise.com/

I should get my first box in the next week or so. I will be sure to upload it and post reviews here. 

This is what their website said about GLUTEN:

Everyone is intolerant of gluten. Gluten causes inflammation and irritation in everyone who eats it. The difference is how the inflammation manifests itself. For some people, they have an immediate reaction and are easily diagnosed as Celiac. Some of us just get that 'food coma' feeling.

Further, gluten tends to be found in the 'beige' family of foods which are highly processed, unhealthy and fattening including breads, batters and pastas.

ALL OF OUR SNACKS ARE GLUTEN FREE.

Wow that sounds awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. I wish I could afford it, but my grocery budget for my boyfriend and I both is only $50 a week at the moment. I can't wait to see what you get though 
smile.gif

If you have a Fresh & Easy in your neighborhood, their brown rice pasta is my absolute favorite. It's significantly cheaper than most GF pastas too.

I don't really like the rice pastas.. so I was thrilled when we found quinoa pasta. It's so good. I'm not even GF but my boyfriend was trying it out. I think I might even like the quinoa pasta more than regular pasta. I wish I could find lasagne noodles though.

There's a bakery near me that is 100% gluten free. They have the best bagels, they taste like croissants. Their bread and cupcakes are really good too.

I don't like the Amy's macaroni, it's pretty rank. The vegan version is even worse. Annie's makes boxed macaroni that tastes like regular macaroni.

Pretty much all microwaveable gluten-free food I've tried was gross.

Walmart even has a gluten free section, with the quinoa pasta and Annie's, among other things.

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

At your suggestion, I got the Chex Apple Cinnamon at Kroger a few days ago and it IS really good! I think its my go to cereal now. I saw they have regular cinnamon chex thats also gluten free so I will try that next. 

Just wanted to share my first Healthy Surprise box with you all. This is their most affordable box at 33 + 5.00 shipping, called The Starter Box. I just got it a few hours ago and have not had a chance to dig into anything except the Curry Nut Falafel, which is pretty disgusting. I forced myself to swallow the bite and threw the whole thing away. So that was a miss. I wish they had included at least one drink product, a coconut water or milk, maybe? Anyway, I am excited to try the rest of it, I hope I like the snacks!

Latest posts

Back