London Underground Explosions..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oh god, i hope all the London MUT'ers are ok..

Power surges have caused a number of blasts on London's Underground leaving several people injured.

The entire network has been shut down following explosions at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square.

British Transport Police confirmed there are "walking wounded" and said paramedics have responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk".

"It's chaos, with people trying to work out what has happened," said a spokesman.

One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.

The train stopped and people were using umberellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LargeBody>He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.

Clare Benson, 33, a city banker from Kensington, was on a tube at Edware Road where the second incident took place.

"I was in the last carriage at the back of the train nearest the tunnel when I heard a huge bang - you could feel it," she said.

"The lights went off for a couple of minutes and people were scared and wondering what to do.

"The drivers got out and were looking into the tunnel, then they announced that we should evacuate. My ears are still ringing and I was shaking."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Taken from skynews.com

There have been rumours already that it may have been a terrorist attack because London won the bid to host the 2012 Olympics yesterday but i think that's all rubbish. I just watched the news there & they said it was a power surge of some sort that caused the explosions.

Oh no.. I hope everyone will be ok. I heard that are a good few walking wounded. Lets hope to god that nobody lost their life
frown.gif

Its frightening me now.. First i thought it was just the power-surge but now i'm thinking it has to be terrorism if its happening on buses etc. And as you said with all the police being in the Scotland for the G8 summit.

Where's BHAV from Trisha? Do you know? I hope she's ok.. What other UK'ers are on here. I know Lea is in Birmigham, right?

Oh no.. I hope Bhav, Sarah & their family & friends are ok. This is horrible.. HUGS TO ALL UK MUA'ERS. What channel will Tony Blair be on? Sky News?

I'll page Sarah now.. I saw Tony Blair's speech.. He didnt say much though
frown.gif

Hi all.

I just wanted to say thanx for all your concern.

I am ok. Luckily i have the day off today. Had i been at work, i may have been at Edgware Road when the explosions happened.

It's all really scary.

Thankfully my family are all ok too, though they are stuck in central London and hvae no idea how they are going to get home.

Originally Posted by Trisha just saw this article on another site
A group calling itself the 'Secret Organisation - al-Qaeda in Europe' has posted a claim of responsibility for the series of blasts in London, a German magazine reported today.

Der Spiegel magazine reported that the group posted its message on a website popular with Islamic militants, which it did not name.

It said the group claimed the explosions were in retaliation for Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Earlier, Arab sources told the BBC that the multiple attacks on London's transport system today were the work of the al-Qaeda terrorist network, the radio and TV station said.

It said security correspondent Frank Gardener, who is usually well informed, had been given the information by "Arab sources".

A number of British security and anti-terror experts have also spoken of a "coordinated attack" that bore the hallmark of terrorism.

i heard this on BBC news 24.it was going to happen in London one day... it was inevitable. and the best place for them to hit is the London Underground, as that is the best way to bring London to a halt.

Hi everyone thanks for your concern
smile.gif

eek.gif
Gawd it's so shocking, my thoughts and prayers are with everybody who has been caught up in todays attacks and also their friends and family.

It was so obvious that it was a terroist attack and not a power explosion, and they knew it was terrosit attack but used the power as an excuse so to try and not make people panick.

Originally Posted by Bhav i heard this on BBC news 24.it was going to happen in London one day... it was inevitable. and the best place for them to hit is the London Underground, as that is the best way to bring London to a halt.

That's exactly what I've always said when people say terroists would hit Canary Wharf, I said no they are more likely to hit the London underground as this would bring London to a halt.

Originally Posted by Trisha Definitely.
Such a shame that situations such as these are now inevitable isnt it?

If Birmingham were to be targetted, i think the Bullring (where i work) and the Airport and Arenas would be main spots for terrorists. the thought does make me scared to go to work sometimes x

It is scary, but you can't live your life in fear, and that's why people continue to use the underground. I've often sat on the train and thought about how easy it would be for a terrosit to attack. Especially some stations where there are few lines running through them.

Originally Posted by Sarah84 That's exactly what I've always said when people say terroists would hit Canary Wharf, I said no they are more likely to hit the London underground as this would bring London to a halt. So very true..

Originally Posted by Naturally Stay safe all my UK MuTTERs... Thanx Kim.

So glad everyone that ye know is ok. My heart goes out to all the families & friends of the dead & injured
frown.gif

My mom just told me about this - she's got it on the news right now... thats scary - especially living an hour from NYC - 9/11 just pops into your head when you hear something like this... these people are so messed up!
icon_eek.gif
Hope everyone stays safe!!!
icon_wink.gif

Figures have gone up since this morning. It has been confirmed that there are 45 dead & over 1000 injured. Taken from SkyNews.com

God is it me or is everyone else tired of this shit?!!!!!!!I dont understand how people can be so darn evil.Whats the point of harming people over and over.I feel for everyone over there,911 hit home for my fam,a close freind of ours was in the buildind and all they found of him was his torso.This is so sad !!!!!

Latest posts

Back