Long lasting lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmg

Reaction score
What really works? I want to find a lipstick that will last, i'm not a big lipstick person but sometimes I like wearing it and can never find one that will last more then a hour.
icon_sad.gif
Please help?????

Originally Posted by jmg What really works? I want to find a lipstick that will last, i'm not a big lipstick person but sometimes I like wearing it and can never find one that will last more then a hour.
icon_sad.gif
Please help????? Covergirl outlast is really good... you just have to reapply the gloss stick kind of often, because it's a little on the dry side. My friend uses MAC lustrelong lipcolors, and she says they are really nice
smile.gif

Milani lipsticks really surprised me. If you are looking for a long lasting drugstore lipstick I recommend Milani.

My other favorite is MAC Pro Longwear. SERIOUSLY long lasting!! They're kind of expensive, but they are worth every penny.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Milani lipsticks really surprised me. If you are looking for a long lasting drugstore lipstick I recommend Milani.
My other favorite is MAC Pro Longwear. SERIOUSLY long lasting!! They're kind of expensive, but they are worth every penny.

yup! Thats what my friend said... she bought one awhile ago, and even though it was like $14 - you don't use as much b/c you don't have to reapply a million times, so you get your money's worth.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 yup! Thats what my friend said... she bought one awhile ago, and even though it was like $14 - you don't use as much b/c you don't have to reapply a million times, so you get your money's worth.
wink.gif
Yes! but now they've raised the prices so I think they're $19 but you can find them for less on ebay.

I really like L'Oreal Endless lipstick (the regular lipstick tube stuff, not a wand-thiny). It might not last all day, but it does last for several hours and doesn't get dried out on your lips. I wear Perfect Plum nearly every day and it is my current Holy Grail lip product. However, it is a very natural color on my lips (just a tad darker and I don't even need lip liner with it), so I wish for something with more impact sometimes. Also, it's a cool or neutral color that does't look right if I wear red clothes or coppery eyes (which I love to do). I just can't find another shade for warm use that looks as good on me.

Revlon Colorstay lipstick (again the stick) lasts as long as you don't eat or drink anything oily, but I had stopped using it because it was so dry. They might have reformulated it though, not sure. I noticed the package said "with aloe and vitamin E" or something to that effect and I didn't remember that before, but it could just be me.

I've been trying Revlon Colorstay lip color (the stuff with the wand and a seperate clear top coat), and so far, I don't like it at all. The color goes on too sheer and the wand seems to remove as much from your lips as it deposits, making a streaky look. Once you put the sealing top coat on, the color does seem to even out a bit, but the color wand is a poor tool for application because it leaves blobs and streaks. Now, if the color part came with the little brush applicator that the top coat has, it might be better. The package claims to last through eating, but it doesn't. In fact, it didn't last 30 minutes into my dance practice the other night - it started peeling and flaking off in clumps (how gross!), I guess because I was sweating.

Oh, and I tried using the lip color sealing top coat over the old Revlon Colorstay lipSTICK - same effect - it flaked off within a few hours.

I am so disappointed, because Revlon Colorstay Seinna was my Holy Grail color for lips for years, and I really want to keep using it. But after you eat, you pretty much have to wipe it all off and reapply, liner and all. Try as I may, I can NOT find another brand of long lasting lipstick that matches this color. L'Oreal Extreme Spice was close I thought, but lacks the shimmer, is too dark, too opaque, too red, or something.....it just doesn't look right on me.

I just bought MAC's Prep + Prime lips and I applied it under my lipstick today and my lippie lasted past lunch, even after drinking coffee in the morning and having a bagel.

I've found Revlon's Super Lustrous lipsticks and Aromaleigh's to be very long lasting non-drying lipsticks. I find the Outlast and Lipfinity lines to be way too drying. Also love Rimmel's lipsticks in the red tubes! Don't remember what they're exactly called but last fairly well and are cheap!!!

Latest posts

Back