Long Wearing Make Up For Hot Climate

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have oily skin and need to find long wearing make up. Where I'm at it is 110 - 115 and will end up getting to 120 - 125. I can't seem to find anything that lasts and doesn't smear, smudge. Any suggestions?

Wow beckibelle......that's hot!! Where do you live? I live in the Dallas, TX area and it is hot enough here......

I have a problem mostly with shine not because I have oily skin, but simply the perspiration........I am about to look into a good pressed or blot powder.......maybe the ones from mac? not sure yet

Originally Posted by beckibelle I have oily skin and need to find long wearing make up. Where I'm at it is 110 - 115 and will end up getting to 120 - 125. I can't seem to find anything that lasts and doesn't smear, smudge. Any suggestions?

I live in Indio California and this heat is awful! It does get humid at times on top of the heat.

Hi! WOW that's some hot weather! Well, I think foundation is out of the picture as it will definitely sweat off. The water-proof concealers and foundations tend to clog pores pretty badly. I will recommend the Benefit She-Laq, this is a makeup sealer/ water resistor. Paint it over lashes, liner and brows and they will stay in even the hottest weather. Good Luck and Stay Cool!
icon_redface.gif

For foundation, I would recommend Revlon Colorstay Natural.

For lips, you could try a lip stain rather than a gloss or lipstick. A product like Benefit Benetint can be used as a stain for both cheeks and lips. Plus, there's no buildup so you don't feel uncomfortable in the heat.

Originally Posted by beckibelle I live in Indio California and this heat is awful! It does get humid at times on top of the heat. Welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you. I have driven past Indio before and it is HOT! I would recommend not using foundation... just concealer.

icon_redface.gif
I understand you! Here in Greece the climata is too too HOT!!!!! I have also oily skin and I suggest blotting sheets and a very good oil free powder ! I use Estee Lauder's Double matte for a pressed powder and Clinique's loose powder!I don't suggest to wear any foundations they make your skin very oily especially in the summer!!!

Would a foundation primer help in this case? I just rec'd Paula Dorf's Perfect Primer for oily skin and so far it's okay. If not a foundation primer, what about a mattifier? I haven't tried one yet, but I'm tempted. Any feedback from you all? For oily skin in humid, hot climates, would you recommend a mattifier or primer and if so, a brand please. Going bare-faced is not an option for me due to career demands. Heck, I'm oily sitting in my office in the a/c so I'll take any advice as I'm sure this poor girl will in 125 degree heat. Someone also suggested that I try Maybelline True Illusion foundation and it would minimize my oily glow. I've never used drugstore foundation so I'd love some advice on that also.

Thanks.

P.S.

I'm new on this site too and from the looks of all your terrific, youthfully inspiring photographs, I will win the old-lady-face-of-the-day award.

Originally Posted by southerngal

Would a foundation primer help in this case? I just rec'd Paula Dorf's Perfect Primer for oily skin and so far it's okay. If not a foundation primer, what about a mattifier? I haven't tried one yet, but I'm tempted. Any feedback from you all? For oily skin in humid, hot climates, would you recommend a mattifier or primer and if so, a brand please. Going bare-faced is not an option for me due to career demands. Heck, I'm oily sitting in my office in the a/c so I'll take any advice as I'm sure this poor girl will in 125 degree heat. Someone also suggested that I try Maybelline True Illusion foundation and it would minimize my oily glow. I've never used drugstore foundation so I'd love some advice on that also.
Thanks.

P.S.

I'm new on this site too and from the looks of all your terrific, youthfully inspiring photographs, I will win the old-lady-face-of-the-day award.

Welcome to MakeupTalk! HUGS

what about covergirl outlast makeup it comes with primer and foundation and doesnt sweat off you could also use blotting sheets or maybe just use a mattifying powder

hello southerngal and welcome to mut. i'm monnie from michigan. sounds like a job for prescriptives custom blend. they can put and oil control formula right in the bottle while mixing your foundation! it can really help those of us experiencing "changes" ( if you know what i mean).

Originally Posted by southerngal Would a foundation primer help in this case? I just rec'd Paula Dorf's Perfect Primer for oily skin and so far it's okay. If not a foundation primer, what about a mattifier? I haven't tried one yet, but I'm tempted. Any feedback from you all? For oily skin in humid, hot climates, would you recommend a mattifier or primer and if so, a brand please. Going bare-faced is not an option for me due to career demands. Heck, I'm oily sitting in my office in the a/c so I'll take any advice as I'm sure this poor girl will in 125 degree heat. Someone also suggested that I try Maybelline True Illusion foundation and it would minimize my oily glow. I've never used drugstore foundation so I'd love some advice on that also.
Thanks.

P.S.

Latest posts

Back