Look Bag- June

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great point! For me, I can't afford to buy the full size/more of the products, but I can afford several subscriptions a month...so a 'discontinued' line of lip gloss doesn't bother me. I will use it, maybe even enjoy the hell out of it, and move on to the next lip gloss. Unless it's a holy grail, life changing gloss...then I'll just have to suffer through it and see what else the makeup line has to offer (full size should last me a while!). And along the lines of your point, I would feel much differently if we received makeup from a company that no longer existed...rather than 'last season's' lines. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So, apparently Korres (sp?) don't make eye shadow anymore? Anyone know about this? 
confused.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great point! For me, I can't afford to buy the full size/more of the products, but I can afford several subscriptions a month...so a 'discontinued' line of lip gloss doesn't bother me. I will use it, maybe even enjoy the hell out of it, and move on to the next lip gloss. Unless it's a holy grail, life changing gloss...then I'll just have to suffer through it and see what else the makeup line has to offer (full size should last me a while!). And along the lines of your point, I would feel much differently if we received makeup from a company that no longer existed...rather than 'last season's' lines. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So, apparently Korres (sp?) don't make eye shadow anymore? Anyone know about this? 
confused.gif

I know they still had it around this time last year because I remember wanting the Sephora collection! But I do remember, a while back, some of the beauty blogs I read talking about the Korres shadows being marked way down. Could be reformulating/rethinking the line, or could just be deciding to focus on other products?

I am excited to get make up no matter what, but I can understand why some may be concerned about products that were mentioned to be discontinued in 2010.  If it was discontinued in 2010, these products could very well be from 2009 or before.  I think people freak out over the whole expired product thing ever since the big uproar with the expired BeFine products from Birchbox.  I am not stating that I think these products are gross or unable to be used (I will definitely use them), I just think that we shouldn't take offense that someone else finds it iffy.  I think we should all be positive and supportive of one another!  We are all divas in our own little way ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Got my bag this month and it is really meh for me.  I feel kind of duped into resubscribing since last month's bag was BEYOND awesome and they sent me 2 extras - a too faced sparkle gloss and a revitalash mascara - both full sized.  However, the eyeshadow they sent which is discontinued is seriously lacking in pigment (old??!) which renders it basically unusable for me.  I received some grey green metallic color.  Ugh.  Now I have 3 atopalms (received 2 in beauty army). The atopalm is an okay moisturizer, I apply it to my legs after a shower because shaving tends to make my legs very dry and itchy.  I am avoiding all facial serums/creams/lotions because everything has been causing me to break out majorly.  However, I have been applying them to my neck / decollete area instead of my face so I won't put them to waste.

I got my bag earlier today too. I really like the shade I got for my eyeshadow.

The shade of the eyeshadow is 66 Pink which is a really nice bronzy pink. I've been looking for this type of color that actually fit my skin tone without it looking "off"!

The pencil is a lipliner but looks fantastic as an eyeliner it's a dark coppery brown with a slight shimmer. The liner is my "personal product". Which is something they pick out for you according to your beauty profile.

Those two items made the bag for me just based on the colors I received. 

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my bag earlier today too. I really like the shade I got for my eyeshadow.

The shade of the eyeshadow is 66 Pink which is a really nice bronzy pink. I've been looking for this type of color that actually fit my skin tone without it looking "off"!

The pencil is a lipliner but looks fantastic as an eyeliner it's a dark coppery brown with a slight shimmer. The liner is my "personal product". Which is something they pick out for you according to your beauty profile.

Those two items made the bag for me just based on the colors I received. 
Cool! Did you say that u had actually cancelled your sub?

Cool! Did you say that u had actually cancelled your sub?
Yeah I did cancel but for some reason this month they have charged me so I got it reversed then i was charged again and I made them reverse the charge again. I think this time I'm for real subscribed since I got an additional email saying I successfully unsubscribed. It was nice receiving free bags for a few months. 

They have definitely improved a lot since they started. 

I am loving the items in your spoiler, the colors are nice and I have not tried that moisturizer. I don't mind getting a moisturizer with a makeup product, as is the case in this bag, so I am excited. My bag should be here Monday.
claps.gif

I should be getting mine today, it said it left Jax a 5:00 am this morning. I will post pics when I get it.

Got mine today. Not impressed. They've had one good month (last month). I gave them like five months. I am not quick to cancel, but everything about this company just isn't that impressive. But I think I had convinced myself in the past that I liked them but now, I'm getting real. Bye Look Bag

I got mine today too. I got the Korres Wild Rose cream as my item chosen for me, only it says it expires 7/12. Does everyone else who got this have the same expiration date on theirs? I also got the eye shadow in cypress green, a dark Forrest green color. I would be interested in trading for a more neutral color if anyone would be interested!

I got the Korres in Golden and the 2 faced gloss in violet vapor! I like my contents, I am going to keep them around for a while longer!

Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Korres in Golden and the 2 faced gloss in violet vapor! I like my contents, I am going to keep them around for a while longer!

The shadow is Cypress Green (not as dark as it looks), I don't mind all the cream and I got the Naked Princess body souffle in the cutest jar. 5 bags later and still love Look Bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the same bag above only the light green shadow. I like the creams but love the makeup, will keep them around.

Originally Posted by Emr410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine today too. I got the Korres Wild Rose cream as my item chosen for me, only it says it expires 7/12. Does everyone else who got this have the same expiration date on theirs?

I also got the eye shadow in cypress green, a dark Forrest green color. I would be interested in trading for a more neutral color if anyone would be intereste
             I received the same bag with the same green eye shadow.. and the same Wild Rose Cream; my expiration date is 9/12.  I'm kind of worried about trying the cream (which was my "personal product" chosen just for me)... since it is for Combination/Dry skin, and my profile is set to Oily....????

confused.gif
Johnson & Johnson became the sole distributor in the US for Korres products in 2009.  In 2011, Korres discontinued certain products for sale in the US, one of which were the eyeshadows.  I think Kores has a catalog of over 400 products, but only a fraction of those are offered in the US.  What I don't know is if the shadows are still sold elsewhere - I have not been able to figure that out.  I think J&J has definitely influenced Korres US strategy, and not for the better, IMO.  I've got a blog post where I talk about this, called Korres Pre-2011 Nostalgia that gives more details, if anyone is interested.

I personally love Korres eyeshadows and have 12 of them.  I was actually looking to buy the few I don't have (there are only 16 in total) and came across the Look Store, which has some at a good price.  I personally don't worry about expiration dates on eye shadow products as I've never had a powder shadow go bad. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(blog link deleted per rules: Please read our Terms of Service for information on signatures)

I've got to say I think this month's bag is actually a step up from prior months. It was refreshing to NOT see the Etsy crud this time! Not that I'm taking a slap at Etsy, but it doesn't seem to quite mesh with the glamorous red-carpet image that Look Bag is trying to cultivate. A lot of those Etsy soaps and oils might be better suited to that Eco-organic monthly (the name of which I'm forgetting right now) than to something like this. I was glad to get a Korres shadow, I miss those! Mine is a golden color that looks like it has a pink undertone to it in the present light. I also got the Wild Rose cream (expiry 9/12), a pencil sharpener, a Snowberry cream and yet another Atopalm. Those guys are like Alterna, popping up everywhere!

Holy crap I just noticed something while writing my blog post about the bag. I wasn't sent the night cream. I was sent the renewal serum. I knew it was the serum, but my card says night cream, both are by snowberry, but the price point is way way different. Anyone else have the same thing happen???

They charged my first box on 6/6.. I got the " Hey Gorgeous" mass email on the 15th. It said I would have a tracking number within 48 hours. I didn't get one.

Now, no box/ bag either. I tried calling, they don't answer.  I hope they are still shipping orders and I am going to get mine.

I LOVE Korres!!!

Laura

Back