Looking for a good coverage foundation...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here, and maybe someone can help me.

I'm looking for a new foundation with really good coverage. I wasn't blessed with great skin, (large pores and lots of red tones), and I currently use Victoria Jackson foundation. (Dream Mousse for 'light' days). I've been using VJ for 8 years now, but I think either my skin is changing or the formula is. Plus it's an older makeup line, and I'm sure it will phase out soon with competitors like Alexis Vogel.

Anyway, I don't care if it's in liquid or pancake form, and will spend whatever to get nice coverage without looking like I'm wearing stage makeup.

Can anyone offer some suggestions?

TIA!

Originally Posted by Dena Hi! I'm new here, and maybe someone can help me.
I'm looking for a new foundation with really good coverage. I wasn't blessed with great skin, (large pores and lots of red tones), and I currently use Victoria Jackson foundation. (Dream Mousse for 'light' days). I've been using VJ for 8 years now, but I think either my skin is changing or the formula is. Plus it's an older makeup line, and I'm sure it will phase out soon with competitors like Alexis Vogel.

Anyway, I don't care if it's in liquid or pancake form, and will spend whatever to get nice coverage without looking like I'm wearing stage makeup.

TIA!

Hey Dena! You might want to try out MAC Moistureblend... you can have sheer to full coverage - depending on how heavy you apply. Dermablend is also full coverage, and L'Oreal Visable lift Extra Coverage - my mom wears that & it's a full coverage that is really nice & pretty cheap. You might also want to check out the new one Laura here has been using... Estee Lauder Double Wear.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Try Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, u only need a REALLY little bit, but it gives excellent coverage, and looks really natural. It's sorta high-end, but the little pot will last you like 1 1/2 years. Plus it doubles as a consealer.

Originally Posted by Dena Hi! I'm new here, and maybe someone can help me.

TIA!

Hey Dena,

Sorry I can't help cuz me a man, but just wanted to WELCOME y ou to MakeupTalk

Originally Posted by Dena

Hi! I'm new here, and maybe someone can help me.

TIA!

Hiya Dena, i recently found my HG full coverage foundation & its Estee Lauder Double Wear. I absolutely love it for days that i need extra coverage & it lasts for SO long. Try and get a sample at your local counter!

Hi Laura, I'm looking forward to checking out that Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation as well- is it really good coverage ??? ...I love the full coverage foundations on my skin...the light/med. coverage just doesn't cut it - by the end of the day you look so washed out, & like your ready for bed... lol

Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Provides ample coverage w/out looking cakey & fake.

I agree w/the Aucoin's SSE, but if you've got combo/oily skin like me, it's not ideal--it settled into my pores & looked dreadful.
frown.gif
However, YMMV w/it, so get a sample & see how it works for you.

Originally Posted by keaLoha Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Provides ample coverage w/out looking cakey & fake.
I agree w/the Aucoin's SSE, but if you've got combo/oily skin like me, it's not ideal--it settled into my pores & looked dreadful.
frown.gif
However, YMMV w/it, so get a sample & see how it works for you.

How did u use it? the formula is actually really dry and made to sit on the skin rather than be absorbed by it, thats why i usually reccomend mixing it with a moisterizer 1st, obviously u should not do this! Sorry it didn't work for u though, hope ur able to get it too!!
icon_smile.gif

Laura, got the Estee Lauder foundation (your HG)...lol ~ its beautiful, I'm using the soft-tan...and luvin' it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hey Karen! Ya Janelle told me earlier that you bought it! Its great isn't it although you've to blend it in real quick coz it dries fast but once dry it stays on your face all day
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back