Looking for a leave-in conditioner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i wear a curly/kinky afro and by the end of the day it starts to look alittle frizzy. someone mentioned that a leave-in conditioner would control the frizz alittle better. any one have any suggestions?

I use Aussie 3 Minute Miracle conditioner in my hair, rinse out, then follow with Aussie Leave In Conditioner and that controls my frizz really well!

I would say Jannet can help you with this situation. sorry i can't help
icon_confused.gif

Ya Janelle rocks when it comes to hair stuff (make up stuff too of course!).. Hopefully she'll have some suggestions for you monniej

**taking a bow** LOL You guys are too much!
tongue.gif

Well, as far as a leave-in conditioner, there are a few good ones....

Matrix Biolage Fortifying leave-in treatment

SAMY Salon Leave in Treatment

TIGI Bed Head Ego Boost or the Catwalk Fast Fixx

Nexxus Headress

If you want smoothing creams:

StraightSexyHair Power Straight

Herbal Essences Smoothing Cream

John Frieda Wind Down

Garnier Fructis Surf Hair Texturizing Putty

Matrix Curl.Life contouring Milk or Contouring Cream

There are others... but I like these best -
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 **taking a bow** LOL You guys are too much!
tongue.gif

Well, as far as a leave-in conditioner, there are a few good ones....

Matrix Biolage Fortifying leave-in treatment

SAMY Salon Leave in Treatment

TIGI Bed Head Ego Boost or the Catwalk Fast Fixx

Nexxus Headress

If you want smoothing creams:

StraightSexyHair Power Straight

Herbal Essences Smoothing Cream

John Frieda Wind Down

Garnier Fructis Surf Hair Texturizing Putty

Matrix Curl.Life contouring Milk or Contouring Cream

There are others... but I like these best -
wink.gif

Ojion.....wonderful stuff! You can buy it on QVC! I bought it for my Daughter...(who is a woman of color!) and she loves it!!! She relaxes her hair...(I did it when she was little)...and Ojion leaves it soft and not frizzy!

Originally Posted by Pinkymarz Ojion.....wonderful stuff! You can buy it on QVC! I bought it for my Daughter...(who is a woman of color!) and she loves it!!! She relaxes her hair...(I did it when she was little)...and Ojion leaves it soft and not frizzy! Here it is! Ojon...item number A03788

I have used Infusium 23 on and off thru the years. It's good stuff and cheap. I wanna try the Ojon treatment soooo bad, sounds like it *might* be worth the pricetag!

K-pax makes a foaming leave in conditioner that smells yummy almost like being at the beach. Works really good with curly hair to tame frizzies. I have naturally thick, curly, highlighted hair. It works great when I dont want to wash and to undo the creases and frizz the next morning when I wake up.

Monnie - I'm in the process of letting my relaxer grow out and I've found that my hair really reacts to Pantenes Hydrating Curls as both a regular condition and a leave-in. When I do my wash n go, I'll apply a little bit to my hair right before I let it dry, and by the time it's done i have curls with no frizz (unless I keep messing with it).
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sq

Originally Posted by monniej i wear a curly/kinky afro and by the end of the day it starts to look alittle frizzy. someone mentioned that a leave-in conditioner would control the frizz alittle better. any one have any suggestions?

I just use pure coconut oil(not the kind for hair, the real stuff) or Hot Six Oil(my son loves this one cuz he says it smells like gummy bears)

Janelle posted great hair stuff.

I hope you'll find the product you are looking for.

Originally Posted by envymi I just use pure coconut oil(not the kind for hair, the real stuff) or Hot Six Oil(my son loves this one cuz he says it smells like gummy bears) I remember, my granny used to put that stuff on my hair when I was a little girl, it made my hair so black, thick and shiny.

do you ever have problems with skin breakouts because of the oil? i've tried a few and the always seem to affect my acne prone skin.

Originally Posted by envymi I just use pure coconut oil(not the kind for hair, the real stuff) or Hot Six Oil(my son loves this one cuz he says it smells like gummy bears)

I'm 1/2 black and 1/2 Indian so I have that weird long kinky curly hair thing going on. The best conditioner I've found would definately be coconut oil, olive oil, and for my everyday use I use Paul Mitchell The Conditioner. My hair feels so soft and looks so much better when I use these products.

do you experience any breakouts. i've tried so hair oils (not coconut or olive) and they left my skin in shambles. what is your skin type?

Originally Posted by blaquepooky I'm 1/2 black and 1/2 Indian so I have that weird long kinky curly hair thing going on. The best conditioner I've found would definately be coconut oil, olive oil, and for my everyday use I use Paul Mitchell The Conditioner. My hair feels so soft and looks so much better when I use these products.

I don't think I broke out...and I am definetly acne-prone. Maybe it's because I keep the oil away from my scalp and hairline, and just concentrate it on the lengths. I think olive oil is ideal if you're prone to breakouts...
confused.gif

Latest posts

Back