Looking for Mascara....

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score

I'm looking for a brown or light brown mascara. I'm a light skinned, redhead (strawberry blondish in the summer) and I'm looking for a lighter mascara. I'm currently using a brown/black one.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

-Cindy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redrocks

I'm looking for a brown or light brown mascara. I'm a light skinned, redhead (strawberry blondish in the summer) and I'm looking for a lighter mascara. I'm currently using a brown/black one.

Thanks!

-Cindy

You should definately try Lancome Hypnose MAscara in Brown!!! It is an awesome mascara..very dramatic!! I also have in my swap list a new Bourjois mascara in Brown..it has two sides..one is a primer and the other one is the actual mascara..I have dark hair so I better stick with Black mascaras..It's a very good mascara!!!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trisha If you have very light lashes, Stila Major Lash Mascara in Taupe would be great for you, i tend to use this a lot on gals with light lashes at work!
Not many brands have a mascara this colour too!

major lash mascara

This flexible gel formula adds instant pigment to shine and define, can be layered for a more dramatic look, keeps lashes soft, curls on command and doesn’t flake. Available in three lustrous shades: black, brown and taupe.

So you can compare, here are all the shades:

it goes Black, Brown, then Taupe, tho its hard to see on a computer that Taupe is a lot lighter than brown.

great advice Trisha!!!

Reaction score
I am also going to try this mascara in black again. I had used it before but didn't know that you could layer it

Originally Posted by Trisha Thanks Gwen! I think unless girls with light lashes can coat every bit of their lashes, its more flattering to wear a lighter colour mascara. i hate that gap you sometimes see when only half their lashes are black.
IMO lash tinting is the way to go otherwise x

Reaction score
I'll get Shu Basic for first layers than Stila Major
thanks Trisha

Originally Posted by Trisha I just got back into using it Lilla! I do 3 coats of Shu Basic and 3 coats of Major Lash! Love the effect of it! It sounds like a lot but the Shu doesnt cake and clump at all x

Reaction score
I have recently started wearing my hair blonde, light brown mix (think Beyonce). I am african american and light-skinned. I wanted my eyes to be softer so I started wearing light brown false eyelashes but needed to blend those with my own. I used light brown eyebrow gel and it works great. It gives the lashes a nice natural sheen and blends my own in well.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ttiniowa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have recently started wearing my hair blonde, light brown mix (think Beyonce). I am african american and light-skinned. I wanted my eyes to be softer so I started wearing light brown false eyelashes but needed to blend those with my own. I used light brown eyebrow gel and it works great. It gives the lashes a nice natural sheen and blends my own in well.
False eyelashes can work as well.

But if you want mascara, I suggest you go out and try a bunch to see of you like them! At stores like ULTA they have thousands of mascaras as samplers. Go out and try mascaras!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks!

-Cindy
Since no one seemed to have bothered to ask....

• What price point do you want? Some of the suggestion made are for mascaras that cost over $15. That Lancome HYPNÔSE one is $25.
  • Any eye sensitivities or allergies?
  • Do you want a regular mascara or waterproof mascara?
  • Do you want a drugstore line or department store line mascara? 
  • Willing to order online? I know Sephora has tons of mascaras on sale right now with some as low as $3.

Latest posts