Looking for Stylish Flat Shoes for Work

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been having problems with one of my feet and I can't wear high heels for a while until it feels better, which might be a while. I'm looking forward to autumn just so that I can wear my comfy flat boots (cowboy, Uggs, and Fryes). But I work in an office and I'm in need of some stylish flat or low-low heeled (but nice looking) shoes that work well with dress trousers. I heardly wear skirts to work anymore. I'm always in dress pants and a suit jacket or a blouse or a cardigan with a shell underneath. I can't wear boots in the office, but because of my foot problem, heels hurt too much. I don't want to look frumpy.

Has anyone seen any stylish flat shoes out there? Please post photos if you can. Thanks!

Post pics for me too! I'm always looking for comfortable work shoes, 'cause I have to stand all day long.

flat boots are "in" this season. i'll try to find pics of some shoes today

Originally Posted by Amethyst I've been having problems with one of my feet and I can't wear high heels for a while until it feels better, which might be a while. I'm looking forward to autumn just so that I can wear my comfy flat boots (cowboy, Uggs, and Fryes). But I work in an office and I'm in need of some stylish flat or low-low heeled (but nice looking) shoes that work well with dress trousers. I heardly wear skirts to work anymore. I'm always in dress pants and a suit jacket or a blouse or a cardigan with a shell underneath. I can't wear boots in the office, but because of my foot problem, heels hurt too much. I don't want to look frumpy.
Has anyone seen any stylish flat shoes out there? Please post photos if you can. Thanks!

I'm diabetic and can only wear flat shoes. The most comfortable ones I've found are Hush Puppies, Easy Spirit, Aerosoles, and Naturalizer. Granted, they're not the most stylish shoes on the market, but they are very comfortable and your feet will still feel good at the end of the day. Tara Subkoff (the designer of the label "Imitation of Christ") is designing a collection for Easy Spirit this year (mostly high-heels, but there are a couple of flats in it), and they are avant-garde looking. Hush Puppies has some really fashionable styles, as does Aerosoles. Naturalizer is probably the least fashionable, but they can't be beat for comfortable boots. Here are their websites:hushpuppies.com, easyspirit.com, aerosoles.com, and naturalizer.com

When you go to the websites, the flats are listed under "casual shoes" (the "career shoes" category tends to feature more pumps than flats).

Hope this helps.

Oh Amethyst you just brought a smile to my face, making me think of my lovely UGGS for winter time....YIPPEE!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst I've been having problems with one of my feet and I can't wear high heels for a while until it feels better, which might be a while. I'm looking forward to autumn just so that I can wear my comfy flat boots (cowboy, Uggs, and Fryes). But I work in an office and I'm in need of some stylish flat or low-low heeled (but nice looking) shoes that work well with dress trousers. I heardly wear skirts to work anymore. I'm always in dress pants and a suit jacket or a blouse or a cardigan with a shell underneath. I can't wear boots in the office, but because of my foot problem, heels hurt too much. I don't want to look frumpy.

Samantha, don't knock them Naturlizers, they have some nice styles out there now
biggrin.gif
...I have some HOT Wedges by Naturalizer and nobody would know it. Actually, we have Outlets here in CT. and Naturalizer has some great boots.

Originally Posted by SamanthaBNYC I'm diabetic and can only wear flat shoes. The most comfortable ones I've found are Hush Puppies, Easy Spirit, Aerosoles, and Naturalizer. Granted, they're not the most stylish shoes on the market, but they are very comfortable and your feet will still feel good at the end of the day. Tara Subkoff (the designer of the label "Imitation of Christ") is designing a collection for Easy Spirit this year (mostly high-heels, but there are a couple of flats in it), and they are avant-garde looking. Hush Puppies has some really fashionable styles, as does Aerosoles. Naturalizer is probably the least fashionable, but they can't be beat for comfortable boots. Here are their websites:hushpuppies.com, easyspirit.com, aerosoles.com, and naturalizer.com

When you go to the websites, the flats are listed under "casual shoes" (the "career shoes" category tends to feature more pumps than flats).

Hope this helps.

check out www.zappos.com

they have a TON of shoes. they have brands that you've never heard of
smile.gif
at least there's a lot i've never heard of and i'm a shopaholic. lol there's always something different.

Okay, I'm going to try to post some pictures of a quite a few shoes I found on the Naturalizer website, Some are flats and some just look comfy.

Here it goes, you'll have to scroll down:

todd.jpg
suede.jpg

flats.jpg
dress.jpg
boots2.jpg
dress2.jpg
boots1.jpg

boots3.jpg
dress4.jpg

Tttttthat's all folks!!!!

I really love the suede mules with the pink bow. And love these last boots (HARLEY BOOTS)

Easy Spirit worked for me for a while, but now I am sitting all the time and I can wear heels. Sorry I dot have any pics.

Originally Posted by suziqq322 Samantha, don't knock them Naturlizers, they have some nice styles out there now
biggrin.gif
...I have some HOT Wedges by Naturalizer and nobody would know it. Actually, we have Outlets here in CT. and Naturalizer has some great boots. Hi Jennifer, I didn't mean to put down Naturalizers, I own some pairs and really like them. I guess it came across that way because I work in the garment industry and some of my co-workers make fun of my shoes (they tend to wear a lot of Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Christian Louboutin, Coach, and other expensive fashion brands) thinking they are more fashionable. When I had to walk home from midtown Manhattan to Queens during the NYC Blackout, I was extremely glad that I was wearing "comfort" shoes. Almost all of my co-workers who wore the high-fashion brands couldn't return to work the next day because their feet were so messed up from their shoes. When I was crossing the 59th Street bridge, many people were removing their high-fashion shoes and walking barefoot. My feet didn't hurt at all. After that, quite a few people went out and bought some comfort shoes (even just to keep at work under their desk).

Samantha - I totally understand about being a diabetic. My mom was a diabetic for many years and she had a ton of problems with her feet and wore those brands of shoes too. I used to wear 3 and 4 inch heels back when I was in my 20s and now in my 40s I can't do that anymore because of bunions and some problem with a metatarsal bone in my foot.
icon_cry.gif
Yeah, Jimmy Choos may be gorgeous shoes and nice to look at but they will eventually ruin your feet and I want to be able to walk in my old age, so no Choo's for me.

Hi Suzi - yeah, I don't care if Uggs aren't in style anymore because those are the best investment in shoes I ever made. I have 2 pairs and they make my feet feel like heaven! I can't wait to wear them. I'm glad to hear someone else still loves 'em too!
claps.gif

Thanks for posting pictures and websites ladies!

I got these from Target and I love them! They're so comfy. I wear them to Walgreens when I work there. If you find shoes that you adore, but they don't seem to comfy get a good pair of insoles. If you want comparable fashion for a fraction of the price your coworkers spend go to Bluefly .
mizrahitargetmocc.jpg

Those would look nice with pants!

You know, I'm hearing more and more good things about Target. I'm really starting to love that store. I can't resist going in whenever I pass one. I can look around in there for HOURS!

I'm right there with you on the target thing. Their selection is getting so much better. I go absolutely crazy in the bag section. I can't seem to get enough.

yeah, target is getting cuter stuff. like a lot of copied stuff. but the material will kill my feet!

Hi Everyone,I just posted a 20% off coupon for Naturalizer (stores and website) in the Coupons/Sales Forum.

Latest posts

Back