Looking great at 40??!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found this article on MSN about a contest for women in thier 40's who look fabulous......... If this is what 40 looks like then I cant wait!!

HS~E%7DSZ2+%5B-3A5KE+J2%7DT.jpg

Teruko Burrell, 46, Santa Monica California

Museum administrator, part-time framer.

Her diet: I've been vegetarian since I was 22. I just can't do the vegan thing -- I love cheese and fish and just can't give up Rice Krispies Treats.

Her workout: I'm a speed-walker, 30 minutes four or five times a week along the beach in Santa Monica. We also have a gym with treadmills where I work, and access to a personal trainer, so I don't have an excuse for not working out.

ss_Model_15.jpg

Janine Crisera, 43, Middletown, New Jersey

Hairstylist. Married with sons John, 18, and Michael, 7, stepsons John, 21, and Thomas, 12, stepdaughter Ashley, 18.

Her diet: I use lots of olive oil -- great for skin and hair. This will sound like a lot, but breakfast is old-fashioned oatmeal with blueberries. Two hours later, veggies: cucumber, carrots, and zucchini. Lunch is a huge salad. Dinner can be chicken and broccoli rabe or sweet potatoes. I cook dinner every single night for my family. It's a ritual and I love it.

Her workout: I don't belong to a gym. I prefer working out at home so I can do a set of weights whenever I like. There are free weights and a weight bench in my basement, so I sneak in 10 minutes here and there all day long.

ss_05and07.jpg

Ten spirited, gorgeous women made it to the finals of our 5th Annual 40+ Wilhelmina Model Search.

WOW is all i can say.. As you said yourself Shoey "If this is what 40 looks like then I cant wait!!" Bring on my 40's but somehow i don't think i'll look that fresh
biggrin.gif

LADIES, don't you know 40 is the new 30? That gives us another extra 10 years easy! (when we get there!) yip eee!

Originally Posted by naturally NO kiddin' ...that's who I thought it was at first too! ...
Hey ..I don't think I look that bad at 48! LOL

Kim, you look fantastic! I don't know about you but I love being in my 40's (44 to be exact). No, I'm not the flat stomached, flawless skinned girl I was 25 years ago or so, but, with age comes a little wisdom and if you are happy with who you are and where you are in life I believe it shows on the outside, I kinda like my gray hairs and little wrinkles and I especially love to look at my husband and see how he has changed over the years, we have been together since I was 20 and I think he is more sexy looking now then ever.

I thought that was Diana too!! LOL

And Kim & Harley - you are sexy mamma's ... so no worries!

I would love to see what my b/f Leo would look like in 20 years - probably like his dad I'm assuming - being his dad looked JUST like him when he was his age. They broke out some old pics, and when his dad gave me a pic of himself from his army days... they all laughed when without a word, I just turn and look at my b/f in amazement- LOL TWINS!

I think there are probably several factors here but i think that two important factors here are good genes and a good diet. In reading their profiles most of them seem to have a diet rich in veggies.

I have commonly heard that 40 is the new 30, and I completely believe it. Women are thankfully taking much better care of themselves today. I also think there is a certain confidence in a 40 year old women that makes them very sexy and attractive, and this is something that you only get with age and experience.

Kim, there is nooo way you look your age, I would have never guessed, especially with that awesome smile! You give me something to look forward to!

I am 37 and I look 50, wtf. What gives?

I work too hard, I guess
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva

I think there are probably several factors here but i think that two important factors here are good genes and a good diet. In reading their profiles most of them seem to have a diet rich in veggies.
I have commonly heard that 40 is the new 30, and I completely believe it. Women are thankfully taking much better care of themselves today. I also think there is a certain confidence in a 40 year old women that makes them very sexy and attractive, and this is something that you only get with age and experience.

Kim, there is nooo way you look your age, I would have never guessed, especially with that awesome smile! You give me something to look forward to!

Bad genes, poor diet??? LOL

There are quite a few men I know that look older than when they really are. My hubby for example is 3 years younger than me but actually looks older than me. Dont worry Tony, age looks good on some men!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I am 37 and I look 50, wtf. What gives?
I work too hard, I guess
icon_cry.gif

Its the genes I am sure. MY dad looked 50 at 30. Then he died at 54. I hope I don't die that early. He did smoke 3 packs a day tho. I try to keep myself at only 2.5 packs /day. LOL

Just kidding, I have never even TRIED smoking. Nasty

Originally Posted by shoediva

Bad genes, poor diet??? LOL
There are quite a few men I know that look older than when they really are. My hubby for example is 3 years younger than me but actually looks older than me. Dont worry Tony, age looks good on some men!

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I hear that all the time....from you know who!

Me no wash myself ever
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by naturally

Even MEN can benefit from a good skin care regime ..after all ..isn't your skin the same as ours? Okay ..so we don't shave (thank the gods...most of us don't). But you see that there are mens skin care products ...START USING THEM TONY! We'll get you lookin' a lot younger here in no time! (oh ..and do take more time away from computer)

LMAO!! you sound like my hubby JOhn!!!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Yeah Yeah Yeah, I hear that all the time....from you know who!

Me no wash myself ever
icon_cheesygrin.gif

heheh Uhm..............

Usually Dial or irish spring in thie shower..........WHEN I shower LOL

muahahaha

Originally Posted by naturally

and when you do ..it's with soap ...standard hand soap ...EEEWWWW!

I have kind of a "Lilly Munster" thing going on with my gray hair, a big chunk that goes down the sides in the middle of my part line, and gray streaks at the sides, in the front, above my ears, my daughters think it looks cool
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) heheh Uhm..............
Usually Dial or irish spring in thie shower..........WHEN I shower LOL

muahahaha

Gosh Tony! Kind of makes me glad you live on the other side of the country J/K

I'm so used to looking the way I do - I haven't changed at all since I was about 16 - (except maybe adding on a few pounds lol) I don't know how I'll handle looking older...
icon_neutral.gif

Latest posts

Back