Loose Pigments - the best on the market and it's many uses.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

What is the best pigment on the market (your opinion)? I have bought some more pigments from MAC ... they are so expensive though. I may just buy some more colours but I will be trying a different brand maybe from Naked Cosmetics.

How do you use yours? They have a lot of uses apart from just using them as eye shadow. I needed purple lip colour for a shoot, at the time I was thinking of getting purple lip tar from OCC but instead I made my own lip colour using clear lip-gloss and some purple loose pigment.

Your favourite mixing medium? You can use it with primer for your eyes, clear lip gloss for your lips and I have recently discovered that you can use it with hair wax to colour your hair.

Originally Posted by princess101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your favourite mixing medium? You can use it with primer for your eyes, clear lip gloss for your lips and I have recently discovered that you can use it with hair wax to colour your hair.
I never thought to use it in my hair.  That is a great idea!  Do you know how messy or easily transferred the color is when you do that?  I will try it out anyway but just curious.  Thanks.

I've never thought to use loose pigment in my hair either, but it is a fantastic idea. The Grape shade in the picture above is my favorite.

As far as MAC pigments go, Grape, Bright Fushia, and Kelly Green are the most used in my collection. While I usually use them as eyeshadows, during shoots I've used them on lips, cheeks, etc. 

Same really goes with all my pigments though. I love the boundless options you get with them. 

Have you ever tried Aqua Color by Krylon they can be used with pigments and will give a depth to the color that is much more intense than just water and pigment alone.

Originally Posted by Bethesda1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by princess101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never thought to use it in my hair.  That is a great idea!  Do you know how messy or easily transferred the color is when you do that?  I will try it out anyway but just curious.  Thanks.

It is easilty transferred. You can mix it will gel/ hair wax so that it easily washes out of your hair. If you put it on your hair directly it may be more difficult to wash off.. Instead put gel/ mousse or hair wax in your hair first then put the pigment on.

Here is a good video on youtube

Look at the selection cosmetic ingredients' wholesalers offer: they have very nice selections of pigments and some of them are dupes of rather famous MAC piggies (big makeup companies get their stuff from big pigment manufacturers just like the wholesalers do and not all the colors are reformulated afterwards - a few are sent to the market with only some additional adhesives mixed in). 

they are SO CHEAP you'll end up hoarding them up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

khm TKB Trading khm 

PS! But you should keep in mind, not all pigments are lip-safe. Does MAC have those warnings on the label? Usually it's the green ones with chromium oxide green and blue ones with ferric ferrocyanide.

Latest posts

Back