Lots of goodies arrived today!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After work, I had a package from Nordies, Stila and a swap waiting for me. I'm pleased w/everything except the Nordies haul. I got:

Nordies:

Tailormade brush set (pinstripe)

Warm e/s palette

SB Primp & Prime set

Stila:

AOS Shimmer cream #1, 5, 8

Shadow pots in Iris, Bronze, and Sky

Swap:

BE shadows in Bare Skin, Cultured Pearl, Intuition,

UD l/g

UD e/l

Philosophy Falling In Love 3-in-1 (I LOVE this!)

Everything from Nordies is being returned! The brush set is not really that bad, but they sent me the wrong one. Since I dont really need it anyway... its going back.

The e/s is not worth it because I already own 3 of the 6 colors. I already knew that, but I figured that the three new colors would be so awesome that it would be worth having duplicates......NOT!!! the new colors aren't all that! Further, I HATE the look of the palette. It reminds me of old age. It also looks super cheap.

The Smashbox Primp & Prime set is rather ugly too. The shadows are not outstanding in any way - they're blah! The blush is not meant for a woman of color, which I definitely am.

My swap items and Stila items are all keepers!! Yummy!!!

Nice haul Tracey! Looks like you did some damage. Question - which brush set had you originally ordered?

I ordered the one that had the pencil brush - #219. I got the one that has the foundation brush..... I dont need that!!!
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Nice haul Tracey! Looks like you did some damage. Question - which brush set had you originally ordered?

Nice haul!! sorry you didn't like some of your stuff though...
icon_neutral.gif

I got my Nordie's stuff today too that I had preordered... I have enough brushes, so I just got the cool palette (don't have any of the shades, and they are really pretty, so I'm happy) and the "Taupe Notch" lipglass... pretty color!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I ordered the one that had the pencil brush - #219. I got the one that has the foundation brush..... I dont need that!!!
icon_mad.gif
I got that one for that same reason. Its a great brush.
What is in the Philosophy Falling In Love 3-in-1?

I love the "Falling in Love" perfume... delish!!!
smile.gif

(Although My HG Philosophy scent is "Pure Grace" )
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh, that is the bath gel, shampoo and bubble bath. It smells SO GOOD!! I actually have about 4 bottles of it because it stays on my wishlist and I NEVER refuse it when people offer it to me for a swap. I'm never running out of this stuff!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I got that one for that same reason. Its a great brush.
What is in the Philosophy Falling In Love 3-in-1?

It really is nice. I have that too thanks to that special Philosophy had w/Allure recently. Yummy!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I love the "Falling in Love" perfume... delish!!!
smile.gif

(Although My HG Philosophy scent is "Pure Grace" )
icon_cheesygrin.gif

nice haul tracey and janelle!

too bad you don't like the stuff though tracey. your account will be happy though! hehe. you can just buy the 219 now since it would be cheaper than the set and the quality will be better!

janelle: that lipglass is the one i want! but i don't have a nordies by me

I really like the colors in the cool palette. I dont have any those already. I wish I didnt totally hate the look of the palette, I'd probably exchange the warm for the cool. I just cant stand to look at it though.
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Nice haul!! sorry you didn't like some of your stuff though...
icon_neutral.gif

I got my Nordie's stuff today too that I had preordered... I have enough brushes, so I just got the cool palette (don't have any of the shades, and they are really pretty, so I'm happy) and the "Taupe Notch" lipglass... pretty color!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Oh, that is the bath gel, shampoo and bubble bath. It smells SO GOOD!! I actually have about 4 bottles of it because it stays on my wishlist and I NEVER refuse it when people offer it to me for a swap. I'm never running out of this stuff!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I will have to check it out the next time I am in Sephora.

Thanks Liz. That's def what I'm gonna do!!! I'll probably just go online and order the 219 instead of waiting for my exchange/refund via mail. I dont wanna wait for my brush!!!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Liz nice haul tracey and janelle!
too bad you don't like the stuff though tracey. your account will be happy though! hehe. you can just buy the 219 now since it would be cheaper than the set and the quality will be better!

janelle: that lipglass is the one i want! but i don't have a nordies by me

Originally Posted by Liz janelle: that lipglass is the one i want! but i don't have a nordies by me

Order it online!! They mailed it Friday and I got it today!! (They send it with DHL) really quick!!! and they give you a regular store receipt - I guess from a close store that mails it out (Mine came from the Garden State Plaza Nordies in New Jersey!! LoL) You should check it out!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Order it online!! They mailed it Friday and I got it today!! (They send it with DHL) really quick!!! and they give you a regular store receipt - I guess from a close store that mails it out (Mine came from the Garden State Plaza Nordies in New Jersey!! LoL) You should check it out!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
does nordies have any shipping codes? i don't want to spend so much $ on shipping for just alittle thing

Originally Posted by Liz does nordies have any shipping codes? i don't want to spend so much $ on shipping for just alittle thing oh... hmmm... good question! I paid $5 for shipping. (You could always add something to your order so you don't feel bad!
wink.gif
) LOL

Latest posts

Back