Louisiana Pecan Pie Bars

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Anything and everything pecan pie related is a staple in Louisiana cuisine. We are more than a little obsessed with our pecans! Pecans trees grow wonderfully and almost wild down here and are always plentiful. Because of the time of year that the pecans mature, you find them utilized in fall and Holiday recipes quite often. This is one of my favorite dessert recipes using pecans. It showcases their flavor so well.
Ingredients:
Crust-
2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 cup Butter Flavor Shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
Mix all ingredients together with a Mixer or Pastry Blender until dough resembles coarse crumbles. Press into the bottom of a 10 Inch x 13 Inch Pan. If you are having difficulty pressing the dough into the pan because it is sticking to your fingers, just sprinkle a little flour onto your hands and onto the dough and it should be much easier. Bake in a 350° oven for 20 minutes.
Filling-
1 1/2 Cups of Corn Syrup
4 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
1/4 cup of melted Margarine or Butter
1 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 cups of chopped Peacans
Mix all ingredients together except pecans on high speed for 2 minutes. Add pecans and stir well. Pour mixture over hot crust and bake an additional 30 minutes. Let cool then cut and serve. Goes wonderfully with icecream. Makes 20 - 30 servings depending on how small you slice it into servings. Enjoy!  I've linked my cooking blog in my signature if you are interested in more home cooking and Louisiana Cuisine.  I'll be trying to add a couple of recipes a week.

I'm so going to make this now to track down pecans since stores should be carrying it in stock now that it's the fall. Thanks for sharing it Jean.

Anything and everything pecan pie related is a staple in Louisiana cuisine. We are more than a little obsessed with our pecans! Pecans trees grow wonderfully and almost wild down here and are always plentiful. Because of the time of year that the pecans mature, you find them utilized in fall and Holiday recipes quite often. This is one of my favorite dessert recipes using pecans. It showcases their flavor so well. Ingredients: Crust- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour 1 cup Butter Flavor Shortening 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup sugar Mix all ingredients together with a Mixer or Pastry Blender until dough resembles coarse crumbles. Press into the bottom of a 10 Inch x 13 Inch Pan. If you are having difficulty pressing the dough into the pan because it is sticking to your fingers, just sprinkle a little flour onto your hands and onto the dough and it should be much easier. Bake in a 350° oven for 20 minutes. Filling- 1 1/2 Cups of Corn Syrup 4 Eggs 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar 1/4 cup of melted Margarine or Butter 1 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract 2 1/2 cups of chopped Peacans Mix all ingredients together except pecans on high speed for 2 minutes. Add pecans and stir well. Pour mixture over hot crust and bake an additional 30 minutes. Let cool then cut and serve. Goes wonderfully with icecream. Makes 20 - 30 servings depending on how small you slice it into servings. Enjoy!  I've linked my cooking blog in my signature if you are interested in more home cooking and Louisiana Cuisine.  I'll be trying to add a couple of recipes a week.  
...and it has only 50 calories a slice, right? It looks so good.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...and it has only 50 calories a slice, right? It looks so good.
Maybe 50 calories a bite!!! LOL  I'm afraid to do a calorie count on this one.

Latest posts

Back