Low Waist: will they go away?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with this comment 100%. They do not sell anything to the size Zero crowd in "women's" styles because they don't think of women as a size zero, they only think of women as 8's and 10's.

Gap though has the classic fit, however I don't care for that fit. I do like the JCrew fit that is just below the navel, but I do prefer lowcut jeans, but not hiphuggers like Tony's picture.

Also, I like the Drew Pants from The Limited, they fit below the navel and fit really nice through the hips and thighs, they are not so expensive with they are on sale for $29.99

Originally Posted by XOffendr I'm a size 0L, and I don't know if weight has much to do with it, because I can't pull them off all the time or in every setting. It's sort of ironic, because I've really been clinging to the ultra low rise look for awhile (True Religion, Premium Levi's, etc.) to the point that I tossed out everything else, and they were the only jeans I had in my closet. Since my son started school, I realized I was the only mother dropping off her kid in destructed hiphuggers...I think the teachers and staff assumed I was poor and shopping for pants in the little girls section of the nearest Salvation Army, too. Probably thinking, "Oh that poor woman...can't afford a pair of pants that fit." Since then, I've been refurbishing my wardrobe with J.Crew, which offers such a classic collection. Their 'favorite fit' or 'city fit' sits about two fingers below the navel and offers appropritate coverage without feeling like you're wearing your mother's pants.

If I was thin again you better believe I would wear them! Hey if you got it flaunt it! You only live once. And no one would be seeing my panties because i wouldn't wear any! Haha!!

Originally Posted by **Jen** I agree with this comment 100%. They do not sell anything to the size Zero crowd in "women's" styles because they don't think of women as a size zero, they only think of women as 8's and 10's. Yes!! This has been such a problem for me lately -- I am a Misses size 2 or 4 (or XS in shirts) depending on the brand, and even then it is very hard to find "grown-up" clothes that fit! I am 24 and will be graduating and starting my career soon, and I don't want to be wearing the same clothes as a 13-year-old! I used to love clothes shopping but it has been very frustrating lately, especially since our local mall doesn't have much selection
frown.gif
Hopefully after I graduate and we move, our new town will have a bigger mall!
biggrin.gif
(One of the jobs I applied for is in St. Louis, and I have a friend in St. Louis who says she lives within 20 minutes of 3 malls -- I am SO jealous!!)

Back