Lumiere Concealer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering what those of you who have tried it think of Lumiere's concealer?

I just got it today (will try it tomorrow morning), and I have a few concerns. First of all, it's quite small--smaller than I thought it would be. Certainly not what I think of as a full-size product. But we'll see. My second concern is that it looks downright glittery; it looks like there's gold glitter in it. This would be a HUGE no-no for me--I really do not want my face to glitter golden underneath my foundation.

So, all you Lumiere concealer users, does it work well? Is it really glittery?

Thanks!

I have one in Light Medium Yellow and it is not glittery at all. The surface of the concealer is a bit glowy though. But when you start using it, it is just matte. At least mine is.

I really like this, I use it to cover my acne spots.

Originally Posted by Marjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have one in Light Medium Yellow and it is not glittery at all. The surface of the concealer is a bit glowy though. But when you start using it, it is just matte. At least mine is.
I really like this, I use it to cover my acne spots.

Yup, the surface has kind of a shiny look to it, but the rest of it is matte. Mind you, I don't have the new Healing Concealer, I have their old concealer in Lt. Medium Yellow.

Wow, that's such a relief. I didn't get to try it this morning as planned, since I was running late and had no time for makeup. Tomorrow morning, hopefully.

Originally Posted by rejectstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yup, the surface has kind of a shiny look to it, but the rest of it is matte. Mind you, I don't have the new Healing Concealer, I have their old concealer in Lt. Medium Yellow. Agree that the surface only is shiny. It's very effective on acned

I use it and like it...its got a nice texture...I use it to cover spots and dark eye circles...

Have you ever tried using your mineral foundation as a concealer using a concealer brush? You get the same effect IMO...

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you ever tried using your mineral foundation as a concealer using a concealer brush? You get the same effect IMO... This is what I usually doing as it is the easiest for me. I find it covers red areas such as around nose and small spots well.
I do have the Healing Concealer in light. I am not sure it really helps heal but it does cover a little better than just powder foundation. I usually apply to a spot and then put a little powder foundation over it.

I also have Lumiere original concealer in light. It seems to be very similar in coverage, finish as the Healing concealer. Both go on matt and stay matt with good coverage.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you ever tried using your mineral foundation as a concealer using a concealer brush? You get the same effect IMO... I also do this since i've never found a MMU that suits my needs. I find its best to use a heavier coverage formula for concealing, well at least this gives me good results.

Hmm, the foundation-as-concealer didn't really work for me, which is why I was looking for an on-purpose concealer to begin with. I'm fairly pleased with Lumiere's, so that's good news.

I don't know MAC shades, but I use the light - I'm pale (light-medium beige in Lumiere). If you're a bit darker, or have yellow undertones, go one shade up.

What shade do you use in Lumiere?

I'd go with the light medium, I think. It looks about the right shade, and with Lumi concealers, going a bit lighter works out better than going too dark. Plus it looks like there's more yellow in the light medium.

I've just ordered the concealer in light, I'm hoping it'll work magic on my dark circles.

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't use their foundations. But I'm an EDM buttered Tan if that's any help. I'm also a Buttered Tan in EDM. I emailed CS which concealer they recommend the light medium.

I use this, but I have mixed feelings about it. I like it because it has good coverage the color matches wonderfully, but it just sorta melts off my face after awhile.
frown.gif
Boo.

Latest posts

Back