Lumiere Duo Fiber Optic Brush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't bother to order this duo fiber brush during the pre-buy specials they had in last October. Has anyone actually purchased this brush? I really want to know the quality and how is it compare to the MAC #187 before shelling out $42 on the MAC brush. Thanks in advance!
biggrin.gif

pbb29.jpg

I didn't get that one but the angled one. They look pretty similar but I don't think it's the same. I also have the 187 and it feels better. Maybe it's just me though. Like the one from Lumiere is almost too soft. I like them both since I use them for different things. The 187 for foundation and the Lumiere for MSF's and glows since it applies product very sheer.

Excuse the dirtiness of the 187 lol and my effed up nails.

Attachment 38223

Attachment 38224

Attachment 38225

I bought all of the brushes. The Lumiere's angled duo fiber seems much less dense than their other duo fiber brushes. Their duo fiber brushes are okay, but I still prefer my 187.

Yep me too. That's good to know though, that the angled is much less dense than the other one... since I only have the angled from Lumiere.

oh thanks ladies! as much as i enjoy using lumiere's brushes i guess i'm better off with the MAC 187 then.
smile.gif

btw, Sheikah, i really like the nail polish you have on. it's such a gorgeous color.
smile.gif

Thank you! It's the dark pleasures one from the Revlon collection. I'm sad to say it chips way to easily. They pretty much looked like that the day after I did them. Using a base coat helps a bit which I didn't use this time though.

I got the regular Duo Fiber Optic brush from Lumiere and I'm pretty happy with it. I wasn't about to shell out 50 bucks for the 187. The Lumiere brush does what I wanted it to do: sheer, natural application and feels extremely soft on the cheeks.

I got one duo fiber brush for myself, and one for my mom. I wouldn't know how it compares to the MAC 187 in terms of blush application(since I've only tried using the Lumiere brush to apply Centerfold finishing powder) But I think it's a good enough alternative if you don't want to shell out $42 for the 187. The 187 has a fuller circular head than the Lumiere brush. The latter has a different head shape.

I have no MAC brushes and have never felt one before so I can't do a comparison.

I do, however, LOVE my duo fiber optic brushes (have 2) and one angled. They apply blush to my very, very, very fair skin, perfectly
smile.gif

Warmly,

Brandi

I can't afford the 187 so I bought Lumiere's Duo Fiber Optic brush after hearing how similar it was to the 187 in the way it applies the product, be it wet or dry, onto the face. Since then, I've been using it to apply my foundation wet.

i got the duo fiber optic brush that has a label "powder" in it..its head is much smaller and thinner too compared to my Charm fiber optic..but it's soft and just the right size for my cheeks..so i just it for blush
smile.gif

Originally Posted by crystal_gale /img/forum/go_quote.gif i got the duo fiber optic brush that has a label "powder" in it..its head is much smaller and thinner too compared to my Charm fiber optic..but it's soft and just the right size for my cheeks..so i just it for blush
smile.gif
Charm fiber optic? where do you get that one from?

its available in our country... actually we order it online
smile.gif
darling have you check coastal scents? i think steve is carrying it as well

Latest posts

Back