M.A.C Make Over

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

Im having a long awaited MAC make over this Friday in my store. I wondered if you guys could give me some advice as to how to get the most out of my precious hour with the girls. Im going to ask them to give me a smokey eyed look but am hoping that they will "show" me how to do this as well as just putting it on and just holding up a mirror.

I cant get enough of MAC and its my ambition to have every single colour of everything in the range! Dream on lorraine
icon_smile.gif

Many thanks Trisha

Thats a good idea about doing one eye myself. Im a newbie to the site. Are you a make up artist? Where did you train etc. to become so knowledgeable?

claps.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha make sure they know you want help with the HOW part of it then, so they can show & describe the application part in more detail.
Also what i do with my clients sometimes is explain and show them how to do one eye then get them to try doing one eye themself.

take any pictures of a smokey/or whatever else look with you, as smokey means such different things to different people!

hope this helps x

wow! theres hope for me yet then
icon_rolleyes.gif

We have Stila coming to the city where I live in the next month, huge new mall. Cant wait.

I am emigrating to Turkey next March with my fiance so goodness knows where I will purchase my beloved MAC then. I guess on line.

x

Originally Posted by Trisha Yes im an artist for Stila and am currently working in a dept store. I didnt train tho, im self taught. x

Norwich, in Norfolk in the UK. Its okay as cities go I guess. Still very much catching up with the rest of the world with the likes of MAC, Stila , Bobby Brown but hey only one month to wait. Its about time! Lived here for over 10 years but the weather in the UK is real hard to live with. The people too sometimes! so we've decided to up sticks and move to Turkey. Been there lots and the hospitality of the people, very genuine and breathtaking scenery has just won us over. Its nothing like what people imagine it to be over there.

I would love to train as a make up artist in the UK and do it as a career over there but im not sure whether i would make a living out of it. Very hot, dont often see a turkish lady on the streets and would probably deal with tourists for their evenings out, weddings etc. I am planning to arrange weddings etc. for people anyway so maybe thats an option to do their make up too.

Im trying to find a course to go on over here but is proving to be a bit of anightmare. The local college does a 2 year one but you have to attend during the day and I need to work. Also 2 years is a little too long. Maybe ill just buy some vids on make up application.

How are you self taught? magazines? vids? nosey arent I?

many thanks

x

Originally Posted by Trisha cool, what city do you live in?? x

I am from Istanbul, you shouldn't have hard time finding a job in a mall for top Makeup brands! I just got back from vacationing in Turkey, I know what you mean about Turkey and would love to be in your shoes
icon_smile.gif
Good luck. xxx

wow, thank you. So nice to hear from somebody from Turkey. Please tell me more. Istanbul. Ive been there very briefly but didnt manage to get to the department stores. What kind of make up brands do they sell?

We are moving to the Bodrum peninsula though and Im not sure if there are any department stores around there?

Also if im honest, Turkey is so beautiful that I dont think I want to work in a shop - id rather go a bit more freelance.

Do you think that there would be opportunity for doing make up for weddings (which im hoping to arrange for people anyway), make up tuition for turkish ladies, tourists etc.?

Thanks

Lorraine

Originally Posted by lilla I am from Istanbul, you shouldn't have hard time finding a job in a mall for top Makeup brands! I just got back from vacationing in Turkey, I know what you mean about Turkey and would love to be in your shoes
icon_smile.gif
Good luck. xxx

Wow!!! Lucky you!!! I am sooo jealous.. We were in Bodrum for 5 days at the beginning of August and it was my second time going to Bodrum... I love love love Bodrum and hoping to buy a summer house there one day. I am not sure how the market is there but they do wedding mu at the hair salons so you might want to get in touch with them. Istanbul on the other hand is a very big, busy, but full of culture, new and old in it. It is my home city and I miss looking at the islands everyday...

Originally Posted by barbiedalchow wow, thank you. So nice to hear from somebody from Turkey. Please tell me more. Istanbul. Ive been there very briefly but didnt manage to get to the department stores. What kind of make up brands do they sell?
We are moving to the Bodrum peninsula though and Im not sure if there are any department stores around there?

Also if im honest, Turkey is so beautiful that I dont think I want to work in a shop - id rather go a bit more freelance.

Do you think that there would be opportunity for doing make up for weddings (which im hoping to arrange for people anyway), make up tuition for turkish ladies, tourists etc.?

Thanks

Lorraine

Turkey... wow, so cool! It sounds like you are going to start a completely new life :icon_love :icon_love What a brave woman!
claps.gif
claps.gif

my goodness, why did you move ? where did you live before? Im in Norwich in Norfolk in the UK. I tell you I cannot believe the weather. We only came back from Bodrum about 4 weeks ago and its rained vertually every day.

We are planning on property development, a website which my partner and I are building (but im seeking to do one about make up too) , weddings, guided tours etc. etc.

Hair salons, that might be an idea. My goodness Bodrum castle would be such a beautiful place to get married. My fiance and I will probably get wed next year, its got to be in Turkey im afraid. Hes not even going to try to suggest otherwise :)

Ive visited Olu Deniz and the Fethiye area mostly but yes Bodrum is absolutely amazing. And the people there just awesome.

Im still in the early stages of thinking about it but I think its better to do somethiing that you are passionate about and that is make up for me. So fitting this into our move might prove interesting.

When are you next in Turkey?

Lorraine

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Wow!!! Lucky you!!! I am sooo jealous.. We were in Bodrum for 5 days at the beginning of August and it was my second time going to Bodrum... I love love love Bodrum and hoping to buy a summer house there one day. I am not sure how the market is there but they do wedding mu at the hair salons so you might want to get in touch with them. Istanbul on the other hand is a very big, busy, but full of culture, new and old in it. It is my home city and I miss looking at the islands everyday...

thank you. dont feel particuarly brave though as its odd, i feel so at home there. The people are just awesome, so friendly and helpful and the scenery is just breathtaking.

Im starting to think how I can incorporate my passion (make up) into our move though? any suggestions would be fab:icon_love

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Turkey... wow, so cool! It sounds like you are going to start a completely new life :icon_love :icon_love What a brave woman!
claps.gif
claps.gif

Originally Posted by barbiedalchow The people are just awesome, so friendly and helpful and the scenery is just breathtaking. Yeah, I know what you mean. I felt like that when I went to USA/S. Francisco-S. Diego-Los Angeles (10 years ago
icon_cry.gif
, I was 19)

Lorraine, I married an U.S. Air Force guy and ended up in the States. Copenhagen is where I always wanted to live but wasn't meant to be I guess. I do love cold, rainy places and love to go to the beaches during the summer time. I have been to Fethiye, Olu Deniz, Datca and Kas before. Definitely places to visit. My sister has a summer house on an island close to Ayvalik. You definitely should visit Cesme in Izmir also. The sea is a must see!!! I am hoping to go back next summer again. Would love to meet you if you're there next summer
smile.gif

Hi Lilla

yes definitely that would be awesome. We are moving late March so will defintely be there for the duration after that. My friend Erkan lives in Izmir and Ive already told him I want some mega shopping expeditions with him. Apparantely izmir is a great place to shop. Yep been to Kas, Hisarounu,Ovecik, not to Ayvalik though?

Im hoping that if I can get this website up and build on make up and living in turkey, what more could a girl want! I think I could do the website, its just finding that niche to make it that little bit different from the rest
icon_rolleyes.gif

We are starting Turkish lessons next month so that should be fun
icon_surprised.gif
I much prefer learning out there though, its easier and much more fun

x

Originally Posted by lilla Lorraine, I married an U.S. Air Force guy and ended up in the States. Copenhagen is where I always wanted to live but wasn't meant to be I guess. I do love cold, rainy places and love to go to the beaches during the summer time. I have been to Fethiye, Olu Deniz, Datca and Kas before. Definitely places to visit. My sister has a summer house on an island close to Ayvalik. You definitely should visit Cesme in Izmir also. The sea is a must see!!! I am hoping to go back next summer again. Would love to meet you if you're there next summer
smile.gif

ask them to do your makeup my a mirror and they should give you a handheld mirror so that you can see what they are doing.

Latest posts

Back