MAC # 187 brush-a true MUST-have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am talking about the stippling brush. I think it´s made of skunk hair or something like that.

I forgot how much it is...but I remember being shocked because of the high price when I asked the MAC MA. does anyone know??

now I have some money to spend and since I was wanting this brush FOREVER I am thinking...do I really need this?

I heard you can use this as a foundation brush, with Hyper Real or Studio Fix. especially with Studio Fix it´s supposed to give an "airbrushed" finish. dunno where I heard that.

and aren´t you supposed to use this brush with the mineralized skinfinishes (am planning on buying one of these too!) to get the best effect?

I hate spending money on brushes though...I´d rather buy a few e/s. but if it´s truly worth the money I will buy it. I am so curious what your experiences with the #187 brush are

i bought it and I really like it. I use it with the mineral skin finishes. It is definitely a bit pricier than other brushes but for me, it was worth it.

i love this brush. i use it with my foundation (i use hyper real) and you buff it on and it gives you a great finish! and yes, you use it with the skin finishes also. i don't think it is made of skunk, it just looks like a skunk. lol

Arielle I bought this brush and bit the bullet paying full price, but I have no regrets. I use it with my skinfinishes and it applies just the right amount. It's definitely worth getting in the future even if you do not get it now.

I have it too Arielle and i really love it. It is made of both goat hair and synthetic hair. I use it for skinfinishes, blush (especially NARS) and my other highlighters and it does a wonderful job.

I use to use the Flirt skunk brush. That worked really nice and is similar to the 187 for a fraction of the price, but I switched and got the #187 for no good reason...it was just something to do. I think you'll be pleased if you get the #187 brush. It really lives up to all the hype!!

Get this one even though it's $40. I have the lancome one and the problem with that one is it's wood handle and after washing it so many times the paint on the wood will start to crack. Wish I had the MAC one instead.

I think it is a definite must have!

I use it for my Prescriptives liquid foundation. It gives a flawless finish and you use such a tiny amount of foundation.

I also use it for my newly acquired Skinfinsh and my Shimmerbricks. Using this i find that the colour is more evenly distributed.

It's definitely a worthwhile investment.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=128> </TD></TR><TR><TD height=3>
1x1.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text vAlign=top width=390>

A large full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments. Use to create soft layers or add textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres.

CA$48.00 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by Arielle I am talking about the stippling brush. I think it´s made of skunk hair or something like that.I forgot how much it is...but I remember being shocked because of the high price when I asked the MAC MA. does anyone know??

now I have some money to spend and since I was wanting this brush FOREVER I am thinking...do I really need this?

I heard you can use this as a foundation brush, with Hyper Real or Studio Fix. especially with Studio Fix it´s supposed to give an "airbrushed" finish. dunno where I heard that.

and aren´t you supposed to use this brush with the mineralized skinfinishes (am planning on buying one of these too!) to get the best effect?

I hate spending money on brushes though...I´d rather buy a few e/s. but if it´s truly worth the money I will buy it. I am so curious what your experiences with the #187 brush are

thanks everybody...now I how much it´s gonna cost approximately and since everybody raves about it-now I have to have it too!!

you know, i was reading this and i'm like, i thought she already had it? and then i saw the date it was started LOL

Originally Posted by Jennifer you know, i was reading this and i'm like, i thought she already had it? and then i saw the date it was started LOL Haha, me too!
icon_wink.gif

Lol this brush cost around $60 USD in Japan, I wonder how much do they cost in US?

Originally Posted by Leony Lol this brush cost around $60 USD in Japan, I wonder how much do they cost in US? They are $42. To me, it was worth every penny spent.

Originally Posted by Jennifer you know, i was reading this and i'm like, i thought she already had it? and then i saw the date it was started LOL oh god I am gonna embarrass myself now too...I just saw that I started this thread and I´m like wait I have this brush already. ahh, I guess I´m just hungover LOL

Latest posts

Back