MAC 187 dupe?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to khols and found a brush that looks like a Mac 187 brush. I didn't get it because I plan to get a real one for xmas. Now i'm wondering if I should have got it. Is it worth getting or should I wait for the Mac brush? I really need advice i've never had either one.

It's most likely the Flirt! brush. EDM Dual Fiber brush is a decent one too.

I have the Flirt! brush and the MAC 187.

The Flirt! brush is great for applying blush, but it's much thinner than the 187. Almost more like the 188 (I'm assuming...I don't actually have a 188 brush). The 187 is at an entirely different level imo! The 187 is much more dense and has a lot more bristles (and it's soft!). I have yet to find a dupe that actually compares in quality to MAC's 187. Even though it's really expensive, I'd say it's worth the price!
smile.gif

If you still want to get the Flirt! brush, though, it's not very expensive. But I would definitely recommend the 187.
smile.gif

yes it's the Flirt! brush. Sorry I forgot to mention that. So you all would suggest getting the Flirt! brush for blush and the MAC for powder, etc. Is it ok to use the 187 with liquid foundation or would you not rec. it? I've never had a MAC brush before and don't want to ruin it. Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by girly_girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif yes it's the Flirt! brush. Sorry I forgot to mention that. So you all would suggest getting the Flirt! brush for blush and the MAC for powder, etc. Is it ok to use the 187 with liquid foundation or would you not rec. it? I've never had a MAC brush before and don't want to ruin it. Thanks for the advice. Yep! lol.
smile.gif

The 187 can work with liquid foundation if you'd like!

I went today and got 2 of the Flirt! brushes. I still plan to get the 187 brush also. Can I use the Flirt! brush with liquid foundation too? I'm guessing it would be good for applying shimmer too. Could someone tell me what the Dual fiber brush does?

I apply my liquid foundation with a 187...I'll never use anything else! I put a little of the foundation into a kleenex (don't use paper towel..it'll soak it all up). I then get it onto the brush, and stipple it onto my face. Just, all over, little pats until I get it on there in splotches. Then I take the brush and buff it in. It's flawless.
smile.gif

Thanks I'm going to try that today with the Flirt! brush. I can't wait to get the real 187!

Originally Posted by girly_girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I went today and got 2 of the Flirt! brushes. I still plan to get the 187 brush also. Can I use the Flirt! brush with liquid foundation too? I'm guessing it would be good for applying shimmer too. Could someone tell me what the Dual fiber brush does? Dual fiber is another term describing the 187 and the flirt brush. This is because the brush is made out two different fibers. The shorter black ones and the longer white ones. Here are some other terms you might hear for these brushes.
stippling brush

skunk-brush

dual fibre (I didn't spell that wrong)

dual fiber

I may have missed another nickname for the brush, but you get the picture
smile.gif

It's definitely worth it to have those other 2 anyway because it has so many uses. You could use one for blush, one for foundation and one for powder or highlighter.

I have the Flirt skunk and also the MAC 187 I got the flirt first but after getting the 187 I never pick up the Flirt brush any more. The 187 is a great investment, very versitile, and it's made with superior quality so it isn't as if you'll have to re-invest in a new one any time soon. I actually own 3 187s now 1 for my liquid foundation, 1 for my setting powder, and 1 for my MSFs and Bronzers.

Originally Posted by girly_girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I went to khols and found a brush that looks like a Mac 187 brush. I didn't get it because I plan to get a real one for xmas. Now i'm wondering if I should have got it. Is it worth getting or should I wait for the Mac brush? I really need advice i've never had either one. Hi:
I went out a brought a dupe of MAC 187. Wasn't a good idea. The brush just shedded like crazy. I'll get the MAC brush eventually (don't know why it's taking me so long especially since I get a discount).
laughing.gif

I have the Flirt Duo Fiber brush, because its hard for me to spend 40+ dollars on one brush. I would love to have the MAC 187, and I'm sure that its performance would be great, but for now I am completely satisfied with my FLIRT brush. When I first bought it, I didn't know what to use it for. I tried to use it for blush and finishing powder, but it didn't work for me. Today I decided to try to use it with my MAC loose mineral foundation. I tried the 'stippling' technique, and then lightly buffed it in. It gave me perfectly flawless coverage (except for the stubborn pimple on my nose!!) I like it because it doesnt make the foundation darken as much as when I use a kabuki. I'm sure I will be using this brush more often! I think its a pretty good dupe if you don't feel right spending $42 on a brush.

Here's a picture of it! Sorry its not cleaned. ;]

Attachment 40327 Attachment 40328 Attachment 40329

And here's me today, after I used it to apply my foundation. =)

Attachment 40330 Attachment 40331

Has anybody seen the flirt brush lately? I don't see it online. How much was it? It looks interesting.

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anybody seen the flirt brush lately? I don't see it online. How much was it? It looks interesting. I bought it several months ago and I don't know if it was available online. I haven't been to khol's lately, so I don't know if they still carry it in-store. I don't remember how much I payed for it... I believe it was like $7 or $8. It wasn't very expensive. You might could find it on ebay.

I'll check kohl's thanks! Looks like a good brush. I just can't spend that much for a brush
smile.gif

I have been to the Kohls near my house and they had no brushes that looked like that one. Maybe they ran out?

I just bought a flirt brush at kohl's. $7. Great price. Thanks so much, it looks like a great brush!

Latest posts

Back