Mac #217, Mac #222 or Stila #7 ???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to buy an e/s brush specially for the crease,putting darker e/s and I'm between Mac's #217 and #222 or Stila's #7! I went to a Mac counter today and I saw #217 and #222,and I liked them both, also I saw that #222 is bigger than #217.I've seen also Stila's #7 and it's the smaller of those three(and the less expensive) So which one do you think I should get,which one does great job in the crease area? I can afford to buy only one of these three so I want your help!!!

I like the MAC 222 much more than the 217 for crease color app, cause it's more controlled! It's my favorite crease brush until now!

But isn't #222 a little to big for the crease?
icon_question.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia But isn't #222 a little to big for the crease?
icon_question.gif
Nope! Of the two MAC brushes I think the #222 is the better one for buffing into the crease...mostly because of its shape and the way it ends in a tip--like Midgard said, it gives you a more controlled application. Its a great contouring brush!

Also, the #222 is great for concentrating the crease color in one area... so it doesn't smudge too much above the hollow of the eye (below the browbone).

Thanks ikebana.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by ikebana Nope! Of the two MAC brushes I think the #222 is the better one for buffing into the crease...mostly because of its shape and the way it ends in a tip--like Midgard said, it gives you a more controlled application. Its a great contouring brush!

I am gonna be the bad girl here and say stay with Stila! Don't get me wrong, I love Mac too but I love my Stila brushes more!!! INVEST! INVEST! on Stila
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have Stila #20, 15, 7, and 4 for e/s and just can't give them up. I used to have #10 too but gave it to my sister. Here is a pic of my Stila brushes.

Oh now I'm so confused!!
icon_neutral.gif
Now I will buy only one,maybe later I will have the money to buy and onother one,because I want to buy and Mac's #239.Since I don't have any type of crease brush with which one should I start?

Originally Posted by Trisha i think 222 is great for blending in the crease but not the initial application of crease color. #7 is better for applying more precise crease colour. Personally i prefer a fairly small brush for the crease otherwise creasework can end up looking sloppy JMHO x

Well I have only Stila's #5 and #4.

Originally Posted by Trisha i'd start with #7, then get a crease blender later.
what brushes do you already have Sophia? x

Sophia, the 239 is definitely a more versatile brush than the crease brush. So if you were only going to buy one, I'd go with the 239 So many choices! lol

Really? I haven't thought #239 as a crease brush! Thanks ikebana!

Originally Posted by ikebana Sophia, the 239 is definitely a more versatile brush than the crease brush. So if you were only going to buy one, I'd go with the 239 So many choices! lol

Originally Posted by Sophia Really? I haven't thought #239 as a crease brush! Thanks ikebana! Well, it wouldn't be my first choice as a crease brush, but there are definitely more things you can do with it... like highlighting the brow, doing a wash over the entire lid, concentrating color on the lid. The crease brush, IMO, does an excellent job at contouring the eye crease, and that's about it (just because of its shape). Just something to think about. Btw, did you know that the Sephora Pro Brush Line has a crease brush?

I can't buy Sephora's Pro line because we don't have it here in Greece yet!

Originally Posted by ikebana Well, it wouldn't be my first choice as a crease brush, but there are definitely more things you can do with it... like highlighting the brow, doing a wash over the entire lid, concentrating color on the lid. The crease brush, IMO, does an excellent job at contouring the eye crease, and that's about it (just because of its shape). Just something to think about. Btw, did you know that the Sephora Pro Brush Line has a crease brush?

Originally Posted by Sophia I can't buy Sephora's Pro line because we don't have it here in Greece yet! Oh that's too bad!! Because its cheaper than MAC's eye contouring brushes and it works just as well imo. Its called the "Professional Natural Crease Brush".... but if you don't have it in your store, then I wouldn't suggest buying it until you can see it in person.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back