Mac b2m empties

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question its probably stupid but will they or should I say the mac counter I take it to accept my emptys if say the silver tray that actually holds the eyeshadow isn't in the emptys? the black trays are still in there just not the silver part that hold the eyeshadow I just needed to know if they will still accept my emptys without the silver tray thingys in them?

I had depotted 32 eyeshadows and they have never said nothing to me.I have never heard not getting excepted.

all counters are different. its best if you ask before you take your B2M. you don't want to look stupid if they don't accept them.

I've heard somewhere on here saying that they're going to be wanting the pans in the casing for B2Ms now...

I think its dumb half of them want the metal back! They must want you to finish all the shadow[witch takes a long time] or turn your shadow into pigment form,

some counters/stores do get funny about it some will take them no problems. Its stupid because i thought it was only plastic that gets recycled anyway

The company policy is that an B2M recycle counts as the original packaging the way you bought it which for pots of e/s means the black plastic case AND metal pan for shadow.

The reasoning for this is simple, some people will return an e/s two times...once with only the black plastic case and no pan, then they will return the pan of shadow as a separate empty and that is cheating the very generous system they are offering you.

I think it is a simple case to just bring in the containers when something is empty or bite the bullet like I do when I depot. I go through mascara, lipglass etc SO much faster than e/s anyway I always have empties!

I went to my store and they took my mutilated empties! Yeah!! They said it didn't matter.

So you can return the pro pans too?

Yeah, the one I went to said you can return pans - but it all depends on location because it differs. The ladies even told my friend it was okay for her to return deppoted shadows without the pan. And they don't even mark the shadows showing that it's a B2M product.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah, the one I went to said you can return pans - but it all depends on location because it differs. The ladies even told my friend it was okay for her to return deppoted shadows without the pan. And they don't even mark the shadows showing that it's a B2M product. You can definitely return the pans of color as a B2m but the key is they have to be the PRO PANS... Not depotted pans by themselves.
ANYTHING glass, plastic or metal is available for B2M, including sharpeners, twist up liners, lashes boxes, wipes containers etc. It just must be the original packaging that you received it in... I think it is perfectly fair to be honest, and I do agree with their stance on the no depotted items etc, bc it is unfair to get 2 B2Ms for technically 1 item.

I know it has a logo on the boxes. Recycle B2M. And I did mean pro pans but hey... if the sales associate knew their thing, they'd make sure to check the pan to see the magnet and sticker that comes with it to be sure it's not another different pan.

Every counter I have asked at has said that they would accept back de-potted items. I understand the logic behind wanting no de-potted items, but I have so many MAC eye shadows I don't think I'll ever use them up. The B2M program is one of the reasons I am so loyal to MAC.

ive often wondered this too, so it seems some places do and some dont, im going to ask at my local counter...
biggrin.gif

That's great about the Pro pans! I don't really see a problem with returning depotted e/s, when you see under the empty pans it's very clear which one was bought as a pro pan and which one is depotted.

Latest posts

Back