MAC breakout :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been breaking out like mad (for the first time in 5 months) since I started using my new MAC Select Cover-Up and Studio Fix. I'm SO upset because these products make my skin look flawless, but once I wash them off a big ugly breakout (esp. chin & nose) is unveiled. I want to love these products so this is a real let-down for me. I'm giving it another week to see if my skin will adjust, but I don't see that happening. Has anyone else had this problem with MAC?

On another note, I'm loving all the shadows (esp. Tilt!) and the Lipglasses.

I'm sorry the Select Cover Up and Studio Fix are breaking you out!
frown.gif
If it makes you feel any better, Studio Fix broke me out too - not sure what was in it that my skin didn't like, but after a few weeks of wearing, I swear my skin errupted. I couldn't get rid of that stuff fast enough!

Glad you're liking your other MAC goodies though!
smile.gif

I would take it back and try a different fdtn. Sorry this happened to you, I have very sensitive skin and have to be very carefull too
icon_sad.gif

Thanks ladies. I'm glad to know it's not just my skin. I'll still give it another week, but I think I'll be back to hunting for the perfect foundation.

Originally Posted by lilla I would take it back and try a different fdtn. Sorry this happened to you, I have very sensitive skin and have to be very carefull too
icon_sad.gif
How is that Chantecaille foundation working for you?

Originally Posted by spazbaby I've been breaking out like mad (for the first time in 5 months) since I started using my new MAC Select Cover-Up and Studio Fix. I'm SO upset because these products make my skin look flawless, but once I wash them off a big ugly breakout (esp. chin & nose) is unveiled. I want to love these products so this is a real let-down for me. I'm giving it another week to see if my skin will adjust, but I don't see that happening. Has anyone else had this problem with MAC?

Sorry that happend,I know it sucks.It happened to me too,I tried the studio fix last year and i broke out.I tryed to see if it was something else,but as soon as i stopped using it my skin cleared up.I wanted to stay hopefull because it does look amazing on but just didnt work for my skin.

The lip glasses are great though,and love tilt, i just got tilt for my birthday cause i ran out of it .Im still searching for a foundation that wont break me out!

Trisha do you know of any skin friendly foundations?

I love Chantecaille fdtn; both future and real skin fdtn. I also love La Prairie satin fdtn ($65) both brands are worth to buy definitely. I would try Chantecaille first, it is cheaper and same quality
wink.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby How is that Chantecaille foundation working for you?

Originally Posted by Trisha Everything else i've tried apart from MAC has been great, so i can't list any brands in particular, i do love Chantecaille tho, its my HG and I'm on my way onto my 4th jar of it! x Thanks Trisha,where can you get Chantecaille?I never heard of it before you guys told us about it on mut.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Thanks Trisha,where can you get Chantecaille?I never heard of it before you guys told us about it on mut. It's on the Neiman Marcus website. I don't have a Neiman Marcus store nearby but there aren't that many shades of the the Future Skin so it might actually be possible to select the right shade online. It looks really luxurious in the picture! $58 is a lot but I figure I've wasted almost $300 in my search for a good foundation so it might be worth it.
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...index=2&cmCat=

Originally Posted by spazbaby I've been breaking out like mad (for the first time in 5 months) since I started using my new MAC Select Cover-Up and Studio Fix. I'm SO upset because these products make my skin look flawless, but once I wash them off a big ugly breakout (esp. chin & nose) is unveiled. I want to love these products so this is a real let-down for me. I'm giving it another week to see if my skin will adjust, but I don't see that happening. Has anyone else had this problem with MAC?

Sorry that it broke you out.... hope you find one that your skin likes soon.
redface.gif

Thanks spazbaby,and thanks Trisha

I dont mind the 50 dolllars as long as it works for my skin.
icon_smile.gif
thanks again,i think i will try neimen marcus.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Thanks spazbaby,and thanks Trisha
I dont mind the 50 dolllars as long as it works for my skin.
icon_smile.gif
thanks again,i think i will try neimen marcus.

I'll probably end up trying it. It looks like such a nice texture.

that is so sorry that you are breaking out. Hope that you like your other mac stuff. Thanks

yeah. mac covers really well and it makes you look flawless at first. but i look too "made up" when i use their stuff. so i have been sticking to tinted moisturizers. since it is think, i do think it can break people out.
icon_confused.gif

I use the select moisture blend everyday, & have been since it came out., & I love it....No breakouts, good coverage, no problems!!! :icon_love My mom uses it too, on & off - she loves the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation with no problems either. Good luck on your search....

Spazbaby you have blue eyes if I am not mistaken? and does the light blue eyeshadow (tilt) look good on you? I am just curious cuz I believe we are both lighter skinned with blue eyes and I wanted to order that one too!

that sucks that you are breaking out. i've never had a problem with studio fix or any other mac foundation.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kerri Spazbaby you have blue eyes if I am not mistaken? and does the light blue eyeshadow (tilt) look good on you? I am just curious cuz I believe we are both lighter skinned with blue eyes and I wanted to order that one too! My eyes are actually a gray-green color, so blue shadow (Tilt) is great on them. I'm sure it would be good with blue eyes as well. I'm using it with Naked Lunch as base/highlight and a navy eyeliner.

Latest posts

Back