MAC Brush Cleaner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've heard it works very well, but baby shampoo works just as well. i don't think there's any need to spend that much money on a brush cleaner.

i could be wrong, though, but baby shampoo seems to work for me! it's gentle enough and cleanses well.

Originally Posted by Trisha I use MAC when I want my brushes to dry fast and and baby shampoo other times.
we use Cinema Secrets brush cleaner at work, and I really like it, but dunno where to get it from! x

what ingredient's in the mac cleaner that makes it dry faster? is it the alcohol?

Originally Posted by Trisha I dont really know, I dont look at ingredients and such, sorry x thanks, anyway
smile.gif

anyone else know?

I bought my sister the cleaner when I bought her a MAC brush collection, but she is not that thrilled about it. I guess you are supposed to put some cleaner on a clean tissue and then swipe your brush on it. Ugh. That doesn't sound like it gets it really clean, or you would have to use a LOT of that fluid. ( can be diluted with water 1:1) Anyways, I like to reaaally wet mu brush when i clean it, just like my hair. I use a gentle clarifying shampoo, since it is designed to remove build up from hair anyways. But I still swipe it back and forth with shampoo on the tissue, but then rinse it under flowing water.

I use MAC brush cleaner faithfully. I really love it! I've never tried baby shampoo, but since its less expensive, I'm gonna give it a shot when I run out of MAC.

I think there is alcohol in it. I threw away the box, so I don't know for sure but the bottle does say "Flammable," which leads me to believe that it does contain alcohol. Hth!

Originally Posted by Jennifer thanks, anyway
smile.gif

anyone else know?

Originally Posted by wongy74 I think there is alcohol in it. I threw away the box, so I don't know for sure but the bottle does say "Flammable," which leads me to believe that it does contain alcohol. Hth! How much does a bottle cost?

Originally Posted by kellianne76 Does any know how well MAC's makeup brush cleaner works? Welcome to Makeuptalk, Kelli! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I usually just use baby shampoo, then give it a quick spritz of alcohol (in a small spray bottle) then wipe it flat between some paper towels.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome to Makeuptalk, Kelli! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I usually just use baby shampoo, then give it a quick spritz of alcohol (in a small spray bottle) then wipe it flat between some paper towels.
Thanks for the information.

Originally Posted by wongy74 $9 a bottle. Free shipping on MACcosmetics.com right now (no minimum purchase); check the coupon & codes forum. http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...CT_ID=PROD1436

oooohhhhh you said FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... I like free! Even if it is shipping! LOL They have e/s on there that I haven't seen at the counter! Might have to do some shopping!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 I think there is alcohol in it. I threw away the box, so I don't know for sure but the bottle does say "Flammable," which leads me to believe that it does contain alcohol. Hth! i thought so! thank you!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back