MAC Brush Cleaner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always clean my brushes on Sunday morning after I do my mu too
icon_cheesygrin.gif
If the weather is cold, I put them by the heat vent so they dry faster
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell I clean mine once a week with L'Oreal Kids 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner. It gets the clean, keeps them soft and makes them smell of marzipan (I think it's called burst of cherry almond or something). I always do them after I've used them on a sunday morning so they're dry for Monday.

That's strange. I've been advised by the MAs I've spoken to use baby shampoo because if you rinse them thoroughly it doesn't leave any chemical residue, unlike brush cleaners. Maybe the guy was just down on brush cleaners?

Originally Posted by Lealabell That's strange. I've been advised by the MAs I've spoken to use baby shampoo because if you rinse them thoroughly it doesn't leave any chemical residue, unlike brush cleaners. Maybe the guy was just down on brush cleaners? i don't know but from what i've heard shampoos can leave a build up on the brushes so that's one reason i don't want to use it on my brushes.most MA's can afford to buy new brushes if theirs don't last long.... BUT i want my brushes to last me a lifetime i cant afford to get new ones every few months. and MAC's cleaner cleans and conditions the natural bristles of my brushes and that's what i was looking for. i don't want something drying them out and making them icky.

Originally Posted by lilla That sounds neat Janelle, I might consider getting one. I have been washing my brushes once a week with Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash. Hope it's okay
confused.gif
I used to use that or Johnson's baby shampoo, but I found it left some of my sable brushes a bit scratchy so I moved on to a 2 in 1 baby shampoo and conditioner. My brushes are much softer now, but I'd stick with whatever works for you.

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Does MAC Brush Cleaner work for big loose powder brushes too? i use them for my kabuki brush and my other brushes. so yea i don't see why not. My BE brushes get baths in the mac cleaner wheni wash my other brushes.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i use them for my kabuki brush and my other brushes. so yea i don't see why not. My BE brushes get baths in the mac cleaner wheni wash my other brushes. Thanks, I've always fear to spoil them
icon_redface.gif

No wonder they are a bit stiff on Mondays
icon_rolleyes.gif
Well, mine is almost finished, so I will try a few different options and see which one I shall prefer. Thanks for the info Lea
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell I used to use that or Johnson's baby shampoo, but I found it left some of my sable brushes a bit scratchy so I move on to a 2 in 1 baby shampoo and condtioner. My brushes are much softer now, but I'd stick with whatever works for you.

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Thanks, I've always fear to spoil them
icon_redface.gif
just think of the gooky oil in there with the powder.... it's better to wash them lol

Paula Dorf does 2 brush cleany things doesn't she? I'm always tempted, but whenever I go anywhere near the PD counter in Rackhams there's no SA to be found. Have you tried both of the brush care products Gail? How do they compare to MAC?

Lea, she has another product called Brush-Out Brush which is a spray. I haven't tried it, but think it's similar to the TM & MAC spray version.

Frankly, I tried the MAC Brush cleaner 3 years ago & wasn't impressed. I thought it did the same thing as J&J baby shampoo & baby bath so I refused to buy it again & eventually swapped it away. I was only introduced to PD's bath b/c it was an extra in an ebay sale (seller was an insightful MA) & since then, I've been hooked.

Gail, do you have a link for PD's bath?

Originally Posted by keaLoha Lea, she has another product called Brush-Out Brush which is a spray. I haven't tried it, but think it's similar to the TM & MAC spray version.
Frankly, I tried the MAC Brush cleaner 3 years ago & wasn't impressed. I thought it did the same thing as J&J baby shampoo & baby bath so I refused to buy it again & eventually swapped it away. I was only introduced to PD's bath b/c it was an extra in an ebay sale (seller was an insightful MA) & since then, I've been hooked.

Silly me!
icon_rolleyes.gif
I checked Sephora.com, nordstrom.com and drugstore.com but didn't think of her own site
icon_rolleyes.gif
I have 2 finals tomorrow and my brain is fried !!!!

Thank you Janelle, you are a sweetheart :icon_love

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 LOL I just tried searching on Ebay for it!! LOL *No luck!* but I did see it at www.pauladorf.com
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Not the "usual" smell. To me it smells like chemicals and I don't really like that. But the cleaner really works. but the scent it does have doesn't last long and my brushes dont stink at all

Originally Posted by Anya1976 just think of the gooky oil in there with the powder.... it's better to wash them lol LOL Yes, it's true!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Mirtilla LOL Yes, it's true!
icon_lol.gif
which reminds me i am going to need to wash my brushes tonight.

Nice to meet you too Elise, welcome to MuT

Originally Posted by Elise Newbie's two cents: I don't put anything on my brushes that i wouldn't put on my hair. I use gentle shampoo (not baby shampoo, because they are supposed to have a higher pH to be gentle on the baby's eyes-but that's bad for the hair) and then I also use a little conditioner-but a light one, without silicones-i don't want buildup on my brushes
icon_wink.gif
. So far so good.
If I remember correctly, brush cleaners have also alcohol in them? It's probably necessary for disinfection if brushes are used on different people but IMHO I wouldn't use them as a regular cleaner for my brushes because it would be too drying.

btw, nice to meet everyone here!
g020.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Gail, do you have a link for PD's bath? Here's the wash & here's the spray. Don't forget to go through ebates & get a 3% rebate.
smile.gif
wink.gif

I saw a code, CITIPINK, for a bag of samples--UD l/g palette, amazing grace shower gel, smashbox mascara, sugar gloss, etc.--& think it's $50+ order to qualify.

Ahhh! I always forget the Ebats!!!!!
icon_eek.gif
Thanks for the reminder
smile.gif

Do I buy both of them or just the bath one?

Originally Posted by keaLoha Here's the wash & here's the spray. Don't forget to go through ebates & get a 3% rebate.
smile.gif
wink.gif

I saw a code, CITIPINK, for a bag of samples--UD l/g palette, amazing grace shower gel, smashbox mascara, sugar gloss, etc.--& think it's $50+ order to qualify.

Latest posts

Back