Mac brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Helllooo girls!

I know there is a several number of threads on brushes. I go through all of them but couldn´t find a answer to my questions.

I own many different cheap name brushes at the moment! But I am willing to set over to better brushes. At the moment these are my only Mac brushes:

224, 242, 266 (picture)

Now I am looking for a good blush brush! What you think of the 168 to apply blush?

Does anyone know brushes of the brand Barbara Hofmann? Are they better than Mac brushes? Price is nearly the same!

Does anyone own the 224, 242,266 brushes and could tell me for which

things you use them?

I only know that the 224 is for blending! But what about the 266, can I use it with fluidlines? At the Mac counter they recommend me the 208 for fluidliners!

I am confused but I am sure you girls will help -as always!
icon_cool.gif

Nice greets.

SABRINA

242- can be used for powder, concealer or emollient-based product application. This brush has firm fibers carefully shaped to form a rounded edge for a smooth, even finish.

266- can be used for creating sharp, precise lines. This brush has fibers which are carefully arranged to form a perfect angle.

They recommend the 266 for fluidlines but I find it hard to work with. I use one that looks like MAC's 311 brush.

M878_261.jpg

Marisol, thank you so uch for the descriptions. I will try the 266 with Fluidlines. My only fear is the fact that the hairs are sloped. I think it could be difficult. I was using a brush like Mac´s 311 b´with my regular eyeliner (Rimmel London), but I could not manage to achieve a straight line. So the girl at the Mac counter recommends on the 266 for me.

Thanks four your help!
icon_wink.gif

Charmaine: Cool, I am glad to hear that the 168 goes on with blushes. I was not sure if it is to small and just for putting on contouring blushes. So, I will go for it, girl! THANK YOU !!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I don´t have that many blush brushes myself, but I also use the 208 brush with my fluidlines (as they suggested at your MAC counter) and I like it. although I have been thinking that you´d probably get a more precise line with a pointy brush (hope I used the right word)

sorry I was no big help
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I haven't used any of the MAC blusher brushes but I'm planning to soon. I couldn't get on at all with using the 266 for fluidlines (which is strange considering I use it for lining with we shadow). I use the 212, which is a flat brush, to "push" the fluidline onto my lashline.

is the 168 the white blush brush that's angled?

yeah, that's a good blush bruh. it's also multi-purpose for when you want to do any contouring. you can use the point of it and use like bronzer or a high lighter and it will get a little spot.

i like the 129 brush for blush. I heard that that the 168 brush is great and I plan on getting it too. I use the 224 for blending or applying a light wash of color. I use the 242 for applying paint, primer, or concealer on my eyelids. I use 266 brush to apply eyeliner and apply shadow to fill in my eyebrows.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Helllooo girls!
I know there is a several number of threads on brushes. I go through all of them but couldn´t find a answer to my questions.

I own many different cheap name brushes at the moment! But I am willing to set over to better brushes. At the moment these are my only Mac brushes:

224, 242, 266 (picture)

Now I am looking for a good blush brush! What you think of the 168 to apply blush?

Does anyone know brushes of the brand Barbara Hofmann? Are they better than Mac brushes? Price is nearly the same!

Does anyone own the 224, 242,266 brushes and could tell me for which

things you use them?

I only know that the 224 is for blending! But what about the 266, can I use it with fluidlines? At the Mac counter they recommend me the 208 for fluidliners!

I am confused but I am sure you girls will help -as always!
icon_cool.gif

Nice greets.

SABRINA

I agree with Devin, I like the 129 for blush as well. I use the 168 for cheek contouring.

As for the fluidline brushes: since you have the 266, it would work fine for fluidlines. However, I find that brushes with synthetic hairs work better with liquid e/l becuase the formula does not 'clump' onto the hairs and they are easier to wash. Personally, I use the 212 flat definer or the 263 small angled brush ( a tad smaller than the 208).

I have the 242 brush and it works well for concealer around the eyes, but I don't use it as often as my 194 concealer brush-- I find that the size works better for me. The 242 can also be used for spot coverage (pimples, etc.).

Good luck
biggrin.gif
!

I use the 242 brush for packing e/s color on my eyelids. It works great! Interesting, I didn't know you could use it as a concealer brush
icon_smile.gif

Latest posts

Back