Mac Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see on the reviews that Mac isn't as popular as I thought. I did have a makeover there on Friday. They used Studio Fix on me and I wondered if anyone uses this and how they like it. I have mature, normal skin with somewhat big pores. My nose does get a little oily sometime. I don't know if I'll purchase this or not Thanks.

Originally Posted by mummy I see on the reviews that Mac isn't as popular as I thought. I did have a makeover there on Friday. They used Studio Fix on me and I wondered if anyone uses this and how they like it. I have mature, normal skin with somewhat big pores. My nose does get a little oily sometime. I don't know if I'll purchase this or not Thanks. Hey Mummy! I tried the Studio Fix in the store when I was buying a new foundation... I have never owned a MAC foundation before, so she tried on a few formulas. I found the Studio to be drying on me - and my skin felt sort of tight and 'masky'. After some trials, I decided to go with the Select SPF Moistureblend foundation. I really love it. You can go for full coverage, or blend it sheer... and it keeps my dry spots from looking masky... and my oily spots keep it light and creamy. I also use Blot Powder in the afternoon on my T-Zone. But shine is minimal for such a creamy foundation. It is probably the only foundation I have almost used up enitirely & will repurchase. I know some people on here have used Studio Fix daily... so maybe they can give you a better insight on that.
wink.gif

My experience with Studiofix was not good - I loved the color match, coverage, and finish, but I got oily with it in no time, and it eventually broke me out.
frown.gif
I still want to try the Select Tint though...

mac foundations can be iffy. it causes some people to break out.

they have a lot of different foundations to try out though. sometimes they give out samples, and they always take returns. so it just depends on what you like on your skin

I use StudioFix and I love it. I have combination skin and it works well for me. I get a great color match.

I really like the select spf15 foundation, but as Trisha said you really have to try them out for yourself and everyones skin is different.

Thanks. I don't think I'm going to get this cause I think I'd rather have a liquid foundation. It did seem a little drying on me and my pores really stood out.

I use the SPF15 foundation with the studio fix powder over that. No problems with this combo on me.

I have VERY oily skin that is also very sensitive/acne prone.

Sorry to hear that others had an issue with it.

Good Luck in finding something that works for you!

I dont use foundation at all. No liquid, no creams. Just Studio FIx in NW25 and before that concealer only where needed (blend girl! bleeennndd!) and thats it. I have not had any problems with SF and even got my mom to use it. She loves it! She over 55!

I have combination skin. I use either Studio fix or Studio Tech with Blot powder as needed, and I have not had any problems.

Latest posts

Back