MAC Diana Ross Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
Well, I saw it today at the counter and I HAD to have the #1 eyeshadow quad with :

Vex, Up-Do, Endless Love and SoulSong. Plums and pinks.. love it! The other stuff I wasn't too happy about, there's a pink blush that is wayyyy to pink on me. The pink brushes are to die for, but I am not about to spend $40 on a powder blush because it's pink. Ohh, but it was totally soft.

I'm interested in seeing this IRL. After all the controversy she ignited, I expect this collection to be worthwhile.

I went through hell to get the palette! The girl helping me walked off and I asked another one to get the palette for me and she walked away! UGh.. I felt like going back there to get it myself. I finally got it after I picked up a few of the new pink brushes and they all thought I was buying more stuff.

This is why I don't like MAC's CS. Their corporate CS is awesome, but in-store or @ a dept. store counter is simply dreadful. Glad you got the stuff. Luckily the girls @ the counter near me are fairly nice.

Can you post pics Scarlette? I'd love to see a proper pic of this as the pics on maccosmetics.com are always rubbish.. Sounds pretty!

Ah dam you Trish.. I feel ANOTHER lemming coming on. These boards are so bad for me!

Originally Posted by Laura Ah dam you Trish.. I feel ANOTHER lemming coming on. These boards are so bad for me! You're telling me!!!! I had been doing just fine all along without owning any MAC products - and now I'm bidding on some lipglasses on Ebay... THANKS A LOT GUYS!!!
icon_evil.gif
LOL

I didn't expect much from it & thought it would be a rather wild collection, but this is really pretty. Damn Trish!
eek.gif
What have you done to me?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SalsaBelle1983 Again, what can me and my beautiful model Benz say apart from SORRY!
icon_sad.gif
Well, I'll let you off this time.
wink.gif
I'll blame it on Benz.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by SalsaBelle1983 Benz takes full responsibility for any MU lemmings he creates!

BENZ SAYS BUY MAC PIGMENTS!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LOL!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've never seen the pigments IRL before... (told you I'm a MAC virgin! lol) Are those pigments loose e/s's??? Those jars remind me of the little paint sets I use to have when I was a kid.. LOL

Originally Posted by SalsaBelle1983 Pigments are a loose coloured powder that can be used a e/s, blush, mixed with clear lipgloss/nail varnish, also can be used for body MU/Art. They can be used wet or dry!
I love them, they give really rich colours!!

Luv Trisha x

Hmmm.. that sounds neat! Are they easy to use for everyday basic makeup? Or would you say they are better for doing the whole glam 'night-out' look... ?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by SalsaBelle1983 As you know it takes me a long time to get ready so I dont really notice whether pigments are more time consuming, i think they probably would be a bit more of a hassle for someone who wants quick and easy MU, But yep ,they'd be great for a "night out" look! I love them!!
Luv Trisha x

Oh.. I just didn't know if they were a little too bright or colored for a daytime look - hard to explain, sorry! Some of the colors seem very vibrant.. so I didn't know if they were something practical to use everyday for work, errands, etc.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by SalsaBelle1983 There are brights and naturals so yeah some would be suitable for daily wear, I'm actually working on photographing my pigments along with creating real swatches, so i'll let you know when I'm done!
Luv Trisha xx

Cool! can't wait to see it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by SalsaBelle1983 Benz takes full responsibility for any MU lemmings he creates!

BENZ SAYS BUY MAC PIGMENTS!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

PMSL! BENZ should be MAC's official mascot or something!

Latest posts

Back