MAC empties

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I was wondering if MAC is ANAL about how you take back the e/s empties?I have some empties and they don't have the pan , cause I depotted them and a slight melted, but some of them do close.Do they still take them like that?

They probably do. I mean they melt them down anyways. I took back one that was pretty damaged from depotting with heat and they took it back fine. If your still unsure call and ask.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by makeupwhore54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif They probably do. I mean they melt them down anyways. I took back one that was pretty damaged from depotting with heat and they took it back fine. If your still unsure call and ask.
smile.gif
Oh I was wondering cause I did a swap with a girl and she said her MAC did not take them like that.I don't even have a MAC pro close to me.I wish I did.

Yeah I'm afraid of depotting mine as they make not take them for B2M I should ask also.

Well they took mine at the freestanding store. When Erin comes back on she will know. She knows everything! lol.

It all depends on your local MAC store... some won't take them without the metal pans... My Macy's counter took them back, but I could only get a lipstick. You can send the melted empties back to MAC online, and you get a lipstick too. I do that too sometimes...

Each MAC is different. Mine doesn't care of they're depots, but I know some MAC stores/counters won't take them unless the e/s have the silver pan in them. The best thing to do is to call and ask your local MAC, or have a friend CP the empties/B2M. I send mine to a friend since her local store allows the e/s or l/g for the B2M.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It all depends on your local MAC store... some won't take them without the metal pans... My Macy's counter took them back, but I could only get a lipstick. You can send the melted empties back to MAC online, and you get a lipstick too. I do that too sometimes... You only get lipstick at the counter anyways. Good pots or damanged.

Originally Posted by makeupwhore54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You only get lipstick at the counter anyways. Good pots or damanged. Yep... I didn't mean to make it sound like I got a l/s because i gave back melted pots.. i meant that's all macy's gives out for b2m... l/s. I wish I could get e/s. My freestanding store accepts them, but it's two hours away.
frown.gif

I know how you feel. I live 2 hours from a store too. Its odd because the closest counter is almost an hour away and the freestanding store was only 20 mins away when I lived in Richmond.

Mine always melt in some gnarly way and they have always taken them. I guess it depends on the store and/or the MUA.

No i did a swap on makeupalley and the girl asked for 3 MAC empties and I sent them.I got a email from her today and she said she could not accept them cause her MAC dose not take damaged and missing the pan empties.Which should not be my fault cause she did not ask how they looked or anything.So should I just ask for them back or say its not my fault and ask for my end?

Originally Posted by Makeup-aholic /img/forum/go_quote.gif No i did a swap on makeupalley and the girl asked for 3 MAC empties and I sent them.I got a email from her today and she said she could not accept them cause her MAC dose not take damaged and missing the pan empties.Which should not be my fault cause she did not ask how they looked or anything.So should I just ask for them back or say its not my fault and ask for my end? There are a lot of places that won't take them without the aluminum pan. If she knew her MAC didn't, she should have asked you right away if yours included the pan. I think it's her fault. If you actually get your end from her though, I'd be surprised.

You could tell her to send them back to mac online. It costs me like $1.20 to ship 18 empties back to mac online, and I get 3 lipsticks. The back 2 mac program takes the melted pots without the pan... no problem.

It depends on how anal the store/ma is. Some stores dont really care but other do.

Originally Posted by Makeup-aholic /img/forum/go_quote.gif No i did a swap on makeupalley and the girl asked for 3 MAC empties and I sent them.I got a email from her today and she said she could not accept them cause her MAC dose not take damaged and missing the pan empties.Which should not be my fault cause she did not ask how they looked or anything.So should I just ask for them back or say its not my fault and ask for my end? I think you should ask her that. If shes not going to send you your half then i would ask her to send the empties back. I wouldnt send her anything else because she can easily swap your empties with someone else.

Latest posts

Back