MAC & Estee Lauder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

Newbie here and I must say what a great site.

Right now I am experiementing with makeup. I just found out I have Rosacea so I have changed my skin care products and foundation.

Right now I use Estee Lauder double wear (excellent foundation) it is a little thick for summer so I picked up Estee Lauder So Ingenious (Wow) very close to double wear but doesnt give you that thick feeling. I am also using dermablend cover creme under the eyes. They had a sample kit of cover cream, powder, soap, makeup remover for 17.00 I have tried everything but the soap and have been really pleased. Especially the powder. It really sets your foundation well.

I am really wanting to try MAC. I have never tried MAC and have heard so many good things. Are they owned by the same company. I heard the were.

Can someone reommend a good foundation from MAC that covers well and will not cause breakouts. My foundation needs to be oil free and contain sunscreen.

I use cetaphil cleanser and Rosula for my Rosacea along with Differin. My face is really clearing up. It was very scary a few weeks ago.

Love, Love, Love this site!!!

JMR

Hi and welcome to MUT.

I will warn you now once you start buying Mac products you won't be able to stop, you WILL become addicted hehehe :icon_love .

As for their foundation I use the select spf 15 and have done for over a year now and never had any problems with it, I really like it and have no thoughts about changing to a different one, I also like their select sheer pressed powder.

icon_redface.gif
i wish someone warned me.. i am in BIG trouble because of MAC! OMG! My train case is overflowing! I love MAC and have no trouble with it. I have super sensitive skin that reacts to alot, so MAC is the only brand that i can use that doesn't make me look like I got exzema or pink eye!

I used studio fix, it works really well for me since i also dont like cream or liquid foundation.

I wish someone had warned me too, if I only I relised buying one tiny little eyeshadow would lead to such a HUGE addiction hahaha I've even started putting MAC before clothes
eek.gif

Originally Posted by jmrut22 Hi allNewbie here and I must say what a great site.

Right now I am experiementing with makeup. I just found out I have Rosacea so I have changed my skin care products and foundation.

Right now I use Estee Lauder double wear (excellent foundation) it is a little thick for summer so I picked up Estee Lauder So Ingenious (Wow) very close to double wear but doesnt give you that thick feeling. I am also using dermablend cover creme under the eyes. They had a sample kit of cover cream, powder, soap, makeup remover for 17.00 I have tried everything but the soap and have been really pleased. Especially the powder. It really sets your foundation well.

I am really wanting to try MAC. I have never tried MAC and have heard so many good things. Are they owned by the same company. I heard the were.

Can someone reommend a good foundation from MAC that covers well and will not cause breakouts. My foundation needs to be oil free and contain sunscreen.

I use cetaphil cleanser and Rosula for my Rosacea along with Differin. My face is really clearing up. It was very scary a few weeks ago.

Love, Love, Love this site!!!

JMR

Hey JMR, welcome to MUT! I'm Joy from Los Angeles. Cool that you're gonna try MAC for the first time!
Most MAC foundations have an SPF of 8-15, even though it isn't printed on the packaging. Foundations with the highest SPF are:

Select SPF15 - (liquid foundation, great for oily skin, as it gives a matte finish)

Studio Stick SPF 15 - (stick foundation, semi-matte finish, a bit of a glow).

Moistureblend SPF 15 - (compact cream foundation, best for dry to combo skin)

I can bust out my employee product knowledge manual if you know of any ingredients that you have to stay away from. Feel free to drop me a line with any questions!

Oh WOW...

I didnt know MAC was so popular. I feel like I have been living under a rock. I will check out their website and come back with questions.

Thanks
icon_biggrin.gif

JMR

welcome to mut jmr!! definitely check out mac for their huge color range for the eye shadows.

I really wish I could buy MAC products easily, here in Japan.

It's not easy to find MAC outlet/store here in my town. I couldn't find any store who sells MAC products here.

Well, I guess I'll just keep looking.

Yay, thanks Sarah84!

I noted the address, incase if I have another trip to Osaka.

Originally Posted by Leony Yay, thanks Sarah84!
I noted the address, incase if I have another trip to Osaka.

No problems
icon_smile.gif

Your so lucky living in Japan, I'd love to got there.

Trisha

I love the EL Foundations but I just really heard good things about MAC. Thats the reason I wanted to try them. The only MAC store here is 35 miles away on the other side of town (Knoxville, Tn) so I guess I will have to pick an early saturday or something so I can have my husband watch my son.

My skin is so pale so I have always been afraid of color but MAC has me curious.

JMR

Hi JMR, I'm Karen from New York - nice to meet you...I also use the Estee Lauder Double-wear fdn't - I love it and won't change~~ lol

Latest posts

Back