MAC eye pencil varieties

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am reading through these FOTD's and noticing some of you use powerpoint liners and some eye kohls ....and then there are just the eye pencils.......what do you guys perceive as the biggest difference between the three? ( I already have a fluidline so I know how that goes on). Which is the "most popular"?

I'm not sure of the difference between all of them. I only know that the powerpoints are smudge proof and water proof, so those are good to use on your inner rim.

i only have minted eye kohl, but i've only used it once.

Hope that this helps!

M1XG_hd.gif
A soft-on pencil liner that lines, defines and shades the eyes with rich colour and a silky-smooth, matte/pearl finish. Ophthalmologist tested.

M3RY_hd.gif
Waterproof. Longwearing. Metallic, shimmer and matte finishes. Smooth to apply. Won't transfer, smudge, or budge... Draws the line: powers your eyes. Makes its point. Lasts.

Eye Pencils are formulated to provide rich, consistent colour using ingredients that have virtually no irritancy potential. They are comfortable to apply and sharpen to a fine point to allow for a precise

I have Ivy Eye Kohl and I really like it. It definately stays on all day.

Yeah, thanks Marisol, I saw those descriptions and was still kinda wondering what people's real life experiences with them were i suppose. I guess I couldn't go wrong with either an eye kohl or a powerpoint.

Originally Posted by Marisol Hope that this helps!
M1XG_hd.gif
A soft-on pencil liner that lines, defines and shades the eyes with rich colour and a silky-smooth, matte/pearl finish. Ophthalmologist tested.

M3RY_hd.gif
Waterproof. Longwearing. Metallic, shimmer and matte finishes. Smooth to apply. Won't transfer, smudge, or budge... Draws the line: powers your eyes. Makes its point. Lasts.

Eye Pencils are formulated to provide rich, consistent colour using ingredients that have virtually no irritancy potential. They are comfortable to apply and sharpen to a fine point to allow for a precise

I know that Janelle really likes the powerpoints pencils. So maybe she can give you more feedback.

Thanks both of you .......i will look at powerpoints then!

Originally Posted by Charmaine I think the biggest difference is the staying power, since the powerpoints seriously stay on all day - in fact, they stay on until you take it off (and sometimes not even then). I have an eye kohl and a powerpoint and I prefer the powerpoint one (I have it in a permaplum, which is also a great shade!)

Powerpoints are my fave liners, they really are as wonderfull as everybody says. Deffo get yourself some, you won't regret it.

I love the fluidlines.. they are just awesome to me! I can't wait to get more colors! I have oily lids and skin, usually anything that is a pencil will run down my face.. but not the fluidlines! They work great in the inner rim!

Yup! I adore those Powerpoints! :icon_love I'm much better at applying liner as a pencil than I am with a brush, so these are much quicker for me than the fluidlines. I don't have to be that precise. And they last all day, (and usually longer, because I'll still have some on the next morning after I've already washed my face) and the color selection is great!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love Powerpoints and Fluidliners. Both stay on all day! I love my Buried Treasure PP for mornings when I'm in a rush. It's much more of a hassle to take a brush and the fluidline pot with you in the car- and it's a lot harder to apply it in the car! (NO, I'm not driving as I'm doing this... the bf is!)

Originally Posted by kerri I am reading through these FOTD's and noticing some of you use powerpoint liners and some eye kohls ....and then there are just the eye pencils.......what do you guys perceive as the biggest difference between the three? ( I already have a fluidline so I know how that goes on). Which is the "most popular"? i can tell u one thing, I ABSOLUTELY ABHOR EYE KOHLS!!
icon_evil.gif
it smudges all the time, especially on my bf's face
wink.gif
that's why i switched to the powerpoint liners...and it is the best liner i have used. better than liquid liner, coz liquid liner fades for me *sigh*

Originally Posted by Marisol Hope that this helps!
M1XG_hd.gif

M3RY_hd.gif

Another way to think about it:
Eye pencils : primarly wax based (good for a crisp line)

Eye kohls: emollient/cream based (good for smudging)

Powerpoints: silicone based (water resistent & smudgeproof)

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Another way to think about it:

Awesome! Thanks Joy!

I am a sucker for the colour so I never paid attention to the details
icon_redface.gif

WOW thanks ....that helps a lot!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Another way to think about it:

Latest posts

Back