Mac eyeshadow help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
icon_lol.gif
Hey everyone ,I was looking for some ideas for a evening smoky eye with mac shadows. I have a wedding to go to and i am wearing a champane colored dress.I have blond hair and brown eyes and and bit of a tan. Any ideas? I would really appreciate them all! Thank so much
rolleyes.gif

I like Nylon a lot
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23
icon_lol.gif
Hey everyone ,I was looking for some ideas for a evening smoky eye with mac shadows. I have a wedding to go to and i am wearing a champane colored dress.I have blond hair and brown eyes and and bit of a tan. Any ideas? I would really appreciate them all! Thank so much
rolleyes.gif

Mulch in the crease, Tempting on the lid and Vanilla Pigment to highlight the inner part of the lid and brow bone would be gorgeous. Use Teddy Eye Kohl with it. MAC Prrr Lip Glass would look gorgeous with it, too.

Originally Posted by Violet Mulch in the crease, Tempting on the lid and Vanilla Pigment to highlight the inner part of the lid and brow bone would be gorgeous. Use Teddy Eye Kohl with it. MAC Prrr Lip Glass would look gorgeous with it, too. Thank you so much for your suggestion! I am headed for the mac store later today.Thanks again
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Thank you so much for your suggestion! I am headed for the mac store later today.Thanks again
tongue.gif
Hey guys i just relised that i used a sarcastic smiley face, i am soooo sorry, i just joined and i didnt know the face ment anything other than they are cute. sorry again and thanks again for the tips
smile.gif
P.s. I think this smilely is what i was lookingfor.

Ooh i really like Bethanys (aka Violet) suggestion. Let us know what you end up using for the wedding! Hope you have fun at it

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey guys i just relised that i used a sarcastic smiley face, i am soooo sorry, i just joined and i didnt know the face ment anything other than they are cute. sorry again and thanks again for the tips
smile.gif
P.s. I think this smilely is what i was lookingfor. Is that a sarcastic smiley?? Don't worry, I've been on MuT for a while & didn't know that either! Welcome by the way!

Originally Posted by nydoll23
icon_lol.gif
rolleyes.gif
Hello again!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Hope you find something good! Too bad you're not going to the mall tomorrow - I might've bumped into you!
wink.gif

That does sound pretty!
smile.gif

I also like Jest on lid, Mulch in crease, and I use Coco Beach Pigment in the outer "V". However, Coco Beach was limited edition, but I've heard MAC Antiqued is very similar.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hello again!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Hope you find something good! Too bad you're not going to the mall tomorrow - I might've bumped into you!
wink.gif
Hey janelle, I got retrospeck and nylon which looks awesome over retrospeck.The mac girl couldnt find Brun though,but thats ok cause I found this bareescentual eye shadow I had at the bottom of my makup bag which is perfect.It like a shimmery brown and its almost like mulch from mac.I dont know what its called cause the words rubbed off
tongue.gif
. So I am going to get ready for the wedding,thank you janelle for being so helpful,and everyone else at my new found home! Gwendolyn

glad you were able to find something you like!!! hope you took/take pics of your makeup. hehe

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey janelle, I got retrospeck and nylon which looks awesome over retrospeck.The mac girl couldnt find Brun though,but thats ok cause I found this bareescentual eye shadow I had at the bottom of my makup bag which is perfect.It like a shimmery brown and its almost like mulch from mac.I dont know what its called cause the words rubbed off
tongue.gif
. So I am going to get ready for the wedding,thank you janelle for being so helpful,and everyone else at my new found home! Gwendolyn Thats great Gwen! I was there on Saturday ~
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Glad the browns worked out for you... !! I don't have nylon, but I've seen it - it's really nice! I love Retrospeck!! It's my most often used shadow. Probably because before I got introduced to the wonderful world of MAC :icon_love I was using "Lustre" in Ulta shadows which looks the same as retrospeck - so it was comforting to find something similar in my new favorite brand! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Did you gets pics from the wedding? How was it?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Thats great Gwen! I was there on Saturday ~
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Glad the browns worked out for you... !! I don't have nylon, but I've seen it - it's really nice! I love Retrospeck!! It's my most often used shadow. Probably because before I got introduced to the wonderful world of MAC :icon_love I was using "Lustre" in Ulta shadows which looks the same as retrospeck - so it was comforting to find something similar in my new favorite brand! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Did you gets pics from the wedding? How was it?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Hey Janelle, The wedding was great , I was happy with my makeup ,thanks to everyone suggestions,and I had a great time .Hope fully I will get back pics soon,I just have to figure how to get them on this site.I will post the ones before I had 5 glasses of champagne ,something tells me those will be alot better ! The wedding was a traditional greek wedding and it was a blast doing the greek dances(I tryed
icon_wink.gif
). THANK YOU FOR ASKING

P.S. For mothers day my sister got me a new mac shadow,its called sweet lust.Its a baby pink with some shimmer ,it looks great with green shadows. I was so excited to get a shadow for mothers day ,something so simple,yet so loving!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
My birthday is coming up and my husband already knows what I want! i cant wait to get some of the d'bohemia stuff, i love the new pigment cocoa.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey Janelle, The wedding was great , I was happy with my makeup ,thanks to everyone suggestions,and I had a great time .Hope fully I will get back pics soon,I just have to figure how to get them on this site.I will post the ones before I had 5 glasses of champagne ,something tells me those will be alot better ! The wedding was a traditional greek wedding and it was a blast doing the greek dances(I tryed
icon_wink.gif
). THANK YOU FOR ASKING
P.S. For mothers day my sister got me a new mac shadow,its called sweet lust.Its a baby pink with some shimmer ,it looks great with green shadows. I was so excited to get a shadow for mothers day ,something so simple,yet so loving!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
My birthday is coming up and my husband already knows what I want! i cant wait to get some of the d'bohemia stuff, i love the new pigment cocoa.

Are you Greek or was it just the bride/groom? (I'm Greek myself, which is why I ask!
smile.gif
)

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Are you Greek or was it just the bride/groom? (I'm Greek myself, which is why I ask!
smile.gif
)
Im not greek but for the night I was! My girlfirend the bride was. The music was so awesome,she had a greek band and this singer(very hot guy)Had an amazing voice!

Latest posts

Back