Mac Foundations And Powder Question

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I had a makeover yesterday and the make-up artist applied studio fix over studio tech. I always thought studio fix was a foundation and powder in 1. Can you use it alone as apowder too? I am currently using select spf in NC43 so can i use studio fix over this?

Reaction score
i was thinking of using it with my select spf15 but lightly with a brush just to give a little more coverage. i find selectspf15 coverage is just a little to light for me, and it doesnt seem to last very long on my face. I didnt like the feel of studio Tech, i found that way too drying on my face. Thanks for reply Trisha!

Reaction score
Thanks Trisha! Ill see how i get on with it. But i think studio fix over studio tech is far too much and extremely drying on skin. Il be using a different make-up artist next time!!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shaztaf2003 I had a makeover yesterday and the make-up artist applied studio fix over studio tech. I always thought studio fix was a foundation and powder in 1. Can you use it alone as apowder too? I am currently using select spf in NC43 so can i use studio fix over this? Studio Fix is a 2 in 1 No need for more in my opinion, I think they just apply the other one to get you hook in with the products, they have to *sell first* right ? Now you just buy what you think is best for you and will be just one of them. I'll go with Sudio Fix

Reaction score
The thing is that i didnt have a powder to go over my select spf15 liquid foundation, so i was going to buy the sheer pressed powder but that would have just set the make-up. I thought that studio fix would give a bit more coverage over the foundation but id apply lightly with brush. I wouldnt like to use studio fix on its own as i think it would be too drying on my skin.

Reaction score
Once ive used up my select spf foundation, i dont think ill be buying it again. Even though it has a nice texture to it and blends well on my skin, i prefer a liquid with a little more coverage. I really want to try Lancome,s Teint Idole Ultra. I went to get a sample from the Lancome counter but for some reason, they only have it in 1 shade, which was 3 shades too light. Ive heard that this product has really good coverage.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shaztaf2003 i was thinking of using it with my select spf15 but lightly with a brush just to give a little more coverage. That's how I started out wearing mine. Now that I don't feel as though I need as much coverage, i've switched to select sheer powder over my select foundation. Studio fix with studio tech is too much together, I agree.

Reaction score
You can put Studio Fix over Studio Tech, but I'd only recommend that if you want/need maximum coverage. I have a co-worker who wears this combination and she always looks flawless.

But generally, I recommend people choose either Studio Fix alone or another foundation with a sheer powder.

Reaction score
When I want to put powder over my foundation I use loose powder b/c it helps to take away the shine and set the foundation.

Reaction score
I use Studio Fix liquid foundation and throughout the day, Studio Fix powder. In the mornings, I set my foundationg with loose powder.

Latest posts