MAC Heavenly Creature

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

This has to be like the 100th collection year to date. There are some cool-looking items in this collection, though. I could be interested in the lipsticks. What about you dolls?

Nothing from Mac has gotten my attention since Warm & Cozy except for this collection. I love Cut a Caper so I got some backups of that, one Venus lipstick, all four blushes (although I'm not really loving Solar Ray) & all the msf's except for Center of the Universe. Usually I'm not a fan of their mineralized products bc their so sparkly but I'm really loving the smooth textures of these. They're more shimmery than glittery. Plus they're all so gorgeous to look at!

MAC hasn't gotten my attention at all in a long time. Hopefully this winter they will release something interesting.

I want a couple of the mineralize eye shadows in this collection. They're so pretty... 
icon_eek.gif

I like the idea behind this collection, and some of the mineralize eyeshadows are so stunning... in the pan.  Out of the pan, they're so meh it hurts.  I'd like some of the MSFs, I'd think, but I'm not interested enough in them to go out of my way to get 'em.

Originally Posted by Kirari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the idea behind this collection, and some of the mineralize eyeshadows are so stunning... in the pan.  Out of the pan, they're so meh it hurts. 
I agree.  The eyeshadows are never worth it imo.  So many of them only look good when wet but I hate having to put so much effort into such a mess of a product. 

I rarely purchase anything from MAC, mostly because they release limited edition collections so often it makes my head spin.  By the time I read a few reviews on the products and consider getting something, they are sold out, never to return.  I also am never sure what is limited edition and what isn't when other people recommend MAC products to me.  I do like what I have gotten from MAC, but I am just not enough of an impulse buyer to keep up with all of the collections.

I like the idea behind this collection, and some of the mineralize eyeshadows are so stunning... in the pan.  Out of the pan, they're so meh it hurts.  I'd like some of the MSFs, I'd think, but I'm not interested enough in them to go out of my way to get 'em.

This is why I rarely buy mineralized eyeshadows from MAC. Once swirled they colors becomes to bleh. They look gorgeous in the pan, but it is a bit like blending your dinner isn't it? Looks lovely on the plate, but throw it in the blender and it is no longer appetizing. I much preferred a few of the colors from Semi Precious.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree.  The eyeshadows are never worth it imo.  So many of them only look good when wet but I hate having to put so much effort into such a mess of a product. 
This too.

I noticed that a lot of their eyeshadows have a rough texture, and end up looking quite chunky on the skin (again, with the exception of some of their Semi Precious shadows which are quite smooth).

I've used mineral powder before, but I've never heard about mineral eyeshadow. I like my eyeshadow to be really vibrant. Would mineral eyeshadow be a better option?

Originally Posted by prettylady123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've used mineral powder before, but I've never heard about mineral eyeshadow. I like my eyeshadow to be really vibrant. Would mineral eyeshadow be a better option?
I feel that a mineral eyeshadow used wet will in general make it more vibrant.  I'm just not a fan of using wet eyeshadows.

This is why I rarely buy mineralized eyeshadows from MAC. Once swirled they colors becomes to bleh. They look gorgeous in the pan, but it is a bit like blending your dinner isn't it? Looks lovely on the plate, but throw it in the blender and it is no longer appetizing. I much preferred a few of the colors from Semi Precious.
I really like this analogy.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

It seems like they transform into something that's just a shadow of the pan color.  I read on one blog that she loved the mineralized eyeshadows because they took such amazing macropictures, but they weren't good for much else.  I totally agree with this.

Originally Posted by prettylady123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally don't have much luck with mineral eyeshadows, period.  Most of the ones that I've used have been loose shadows, though.  Fyrinnae has sucked me in so many times.  If you want really vibrant eyeshadows from minerals, get ready to use a really good base (Fyrinnae's pixie epoxy is good for this) and a patting motion.  Also, prepare to spend more time using 'em.  As has been stated several times here, they really do look best when used wet.  Otherwise, I think they tend to be really sheer and chalky looking. 

I'm lazy, and I generally don't like foiling shadows.  I'm always torn between "moisten the brush and dunk" and "make a small pile of the product elsewhere" and somewhere my eyes cross and my wires short.  My poor robot brain.

Thanks. I dont really like using wet eyeshadows either.  I only resort to it when I'm in a rush to get the look I want and dry just isnt cutting it.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel that a mineral eyeshadow used wet will in general make it more vibrant.  I'm just not a fan of using wet eyeshadows.

Thanks! I didnt realize they were loose eyeshadows. I try to stay away from those because I always make a huge mess! And I feel like I end up wasting the product cuz it just spills all over the place. 

Oh! And if its shimmery, it gets ALL over my face! 
icon_sad.gif
 No matter how hard I try to prevent it from happening! I guess this stuff isnt for me then. Thanks!

I really like this analogy.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

It seems like they transform into something that's just a shadow of the pan color.  I read on one blog that she loved the mineralized eyeshadows because they took such amazing macropictures, but they weren't good for much else.  I totally agree with this.

I personally don't have much luck with mineral eyeshadows, period.  Most of the ones that I've used have been loose shadows, though.  Fyrinnae has sucked me in so many times.  If you want really vibrant eyeshadows from minerals, get ready to use a really good base (Fyrinnae's pixie epoxy is good for this) and a patting motion.  Also, prepare to spend more time using 'em.  As has been stated several times here, they really do look best when used wet.  Otherwise, I think they tend to be really sheer and chalky looking. 

I'm lazy, and I generally don't like foiling shadows.  I'm always torn between "moisten the brush and dunk" and "make a small pile of the product elsewhere" and somewhere my eyes cross and my wires short.  My poor robot brain.

Ugh so many typos in my post lol!

IMO these are not really mineral eyeshadows. They are baked eyeshadows. I don't know why MAC calls them mineralized. I love using eyeshadows wet.

Hi Guys If you want to learn more about MAC's collection visit:(deleted link)

And for beauty news, reviews and the top catwalk and red carpet looks visit: (deleted link)

Latest posts

Back