MAC "Hey Sailor!" Summer 2012 Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread about this yet (or anyone mentioning it) so I thought I'd start one. I read about this collection yesterday and.. well.. now I want to buy every single thing. I always say that, but I think this time I actually will in fact go and pick up a few things.

Take a look (images from Temptalia.com - hope that's okay!):

There's way more, but I'm at work right now and gotta go back to business after this quick MuT adventure.. 
blink.gif

What do you all think? 

I'm not seeing anything so far that I have to have. Being on a no buy for 60+ days (and having to move all my cosmetics recently) has me really looking at everything with a more discerning eye. The dark lipstick in the picture has my curious so I may go try that out but that is the only thing.

I like the packaging - very summery with its nautical theme!

All four of those lipstick shades are really pretty - I can't wait to see them swatched.

There's more over at Temptalia.com, the collection also has a few bronzers, eye kohls, etc., etc... like I said, I had to get back to work aaaand didn't want to "steal" all her pictures.. haha.

I wonder when it comes out, I heard May 24th but I'm not sure.

I LOVE the packaging soooooo much.. I'm a sucker for all things nautical. UGH :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pancua, congrats on your nobody success!! Great job, lady! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll have to head over to Temptalia and take a look at the other products. I'm sure that she'll do a detailed review of each item, since she swatches a lot of MAC products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I'm a sucker for all things nautical as well, and I would really like to pick up some items from this, but there isn't anything that I absolutely have to have. I'm lusting a bit after the blushes and the highlighter, but those are definitely two products that I don't need any more of. I've been going strong on my no buy, so I don't want to mess that up!

Seems to me they had a nautical collection last summer or a couple of past summers before. I'm sucker for things sailor (hell you should look into my closet !), but in terms of makeup, nothing i really need to buy.

I like this collection moreso than a few others that they've come out with recently (like the second to the left lipstick in the last picture), but I still don't know if I want to own anything or not. I do love the packaging though.

Originally Posted by emielli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like this collection moreso than a few others that they've come out with recently (like the second to the left lipstick in the last picture), but I still don't know if I want to own anything or not. I do love the packaging though.
That's mainly why I want to pick up a few things, too.. the packaging is just so frickin cute. I watched a couple of british folks on YT because the collection is already out in the UK, and the swatches of the highlighter look really nice (and could also serve as a light pink blush from what I can tell!) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We shall see... hehehe

I have so many highlighters and blushes it is criminal. But I am still tempted lol!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have so many highlighters and blushes it is criminal. But I am still tempted lol!
I recommend not looking at swatches then because that HL really seems gorgeous :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I only have 2 highlighters (but a crapload of blushes) so I guess I could pick that up with a SOMEWHAT clear conscience... lol. I REAALLLYYY want one of those bronzing compacts - I don't even use bronzer that often, but the compact is so frickin cute! From the videos I watched, it looks like it's shaped like the Marcel Wanders compact... ugh, I saw that one at the CCO 2 weeks ago. Even there it's still $48 frickin dollars.. boo

The collection is up and available on MAC's website if any of you ladies are interested!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The collection is up and available on MAC's website if any of you ladies are interested!
Ordered the green eyeshadow last night. Code SAILOR gets you free 2 day shipping.

I picked up the highlighter in crew and the blush in fleet fast. Those were the only items I was really interested in. After looking at tons of swatches, I was just kinda 'meh' about everything else.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ordered the green eyeshadow last night. Code SAILOR gets you free 2 day shipping.

I tend to love a lot Mac collections because of the unique packaging, but the actual products never really wow me. Especially once you get to owning a decent set of base products from them the collections just seem to have re promoted or slightly tweaked colors. I'd rather them release fewer collections, but make sure each of them really pack a punch.

Latest posts

Back