MAC lipstick texture help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
What is the texture order for the lippies? I like the lipglass, but since i'm doing B2M stuff, I have to get lippies. So I want stuff that is glossy/shiny, but I don't know which ones are.

It goes like:

matte -> ? -> ? -> ? -> etc.

and what do the different names mean? like satin and lustre and amplified...?

TIA!

stay away from satin! i HATE satin lipsticks! they're SO drying.

i love amplified and lustre. i think they're both creamy/moisturizing. i think amplified is a bit more creamy, though.

I'd go for the Lustre finish. It's moisturising, the colour's buildable, and it's glossy. My only criticism is that it doesn't last as long as I would like, but it doesn't come off in the first 1hr of wear. HTH

Originally Posted by charms23 From the MAC website: (it's just in alphabetical order)
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="text" valign="top" width="*">AMPLIFIED CRÈME

Ultra-creamy. Quietly shiny. Colour-packed! Hi-res: hi-impact.

FROST

Excellent colour payoff with medium to high frosted shimmer-and-shine finish.

GLAZE

Low-colour impact with sheen-style finish. Glazes the lips, makes them shine!

LIP TREATMENT

Colour-free. Texture-free. Provides natural healthy-looking lips.

LUSTRE

Demi-sheer with wet-look lustre finish. Very slick. Makes lips look soft, smooth, ultra-moist.

MATTE

Pigment rich with intense colour pay-off. No-shine, all matte finish.

SATIN

Colour-rich. Soft satin, semi-matte finish. Conditions while adding intense colour.

SHEER

Colour-light with sheer, near-translucent, naturally-tinted finish. </td></tr></tbody></table><!-- BEGIN COREMETRICS --><script language="javascript1.1" src="/js/coremetrics/v40/eluminate.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script language="javascript1.1" src="/js/coremetrics/v40/cmdatatagutils.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script language="javascript1.1" type="text/javascript"><!-- cmSetProduction(); cmCreatePageviewTag("Popup: Lipstick: Finishes", null, "1500", null); //--></script><!-- END COREMETRICS -->

This is great. Thanks Charmaine!

i'm really picky about lip colors.
icon_redface.gif
. i only ended up getting 2 lips sticks thoday even though i brought enough pots for 4. i got midimauve and high tea(?). i tried on a ton, but those were the only two i like. i'm gonna wait till the new collections to come out to see if i like any of those.

Did you check out Freckletone? I think you might like that one. Check it out next time you are at the store.

The lustres & frosts are my faves. My lips don't deal too well with Satin or Matte!

Thanks for adding that! Good to know!
wink.gif
And to think I went just on color - I really didnt know the differnces between them - no wonder some seem dryer and more 'chalky' compared to others...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back