MAC Lipstick that's equivalent to C-Thru

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if MAC have a lipstick that would equivalent to their C-Thru lipglass? I've checked the site but those color swatches are just awful!

Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Oooh, I'd love to know, too!

C-Thru is a HG lip color for me. And btw... if you're ever looking for just a good nude lipstick, Fresh Brew is great! It's not a lookalike for C-Thru, but it's equally pretty, in my opinion.

Thanks a mill for the rec Feisty! I've just managed to collect another 6 B2M's so i'll get Fresh Brew tomorrow when i go shopping
biggrin.gif

I couldn't find Fresh Brew today and the SA was not very helpful ..quote "i'm too busy to find it, have a look yourself" (stupid cow!).

Anyway, i tried out LoveDust & that looks quite pretty so i think i'll get that. I couldn't get it today coz i forgot to bring my B2M's shopping with me DOH.. but i'm hoping to get it next week so i'll have a new lippie in time for Xmas
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Ooh I gotta check out Fresh Brew now! Thanks FeistyFemme! Check out Lovedust too!!

You must find Fresh Brew next time, Laura
icon_wink.gif
I actually own two of these, one for my stash and one to carry in my purse. That's rare for me especially since I own so much makeup!

And now, thanks to you, I've gotta check out Lovedust!
icon_redface.gif

Shame on you for enabling me
icon_lol.gif

Hey Laura...

I got to thinking, and I know I've heard some raves for Siss, and it seems like it could be a lookalike. I'll have to take a looksie the next time I'm at the counter!

Originally Posted by laura127 I couldn't find Fresh Brew today and the SA was not very helpful ..quote "i'm too busy to find it, have a look yourself" (stupid cow!).
Anyway, i tried out LoveDust & that looks quite pretty so i think i'll get that. I couldn't get it today coz i forgot to bring my B2M's shopping with me DOH.. but i'm hoping to get it next week so i'll have a new lippie in time for Xmas
biggrin.gif

ugh, thats totally crap. if i was feeling equally feisty, i would loved to have said something like "my business funds your paycheck." you should write a complaint to macs customer service. i hear theyre pretty generous with free items when they get complaints.
if you ever run into the same SA again, tell her to take the three seconds to look it up in her book. they have binders with charts of every display. they can look it up alphabetically, and its also charted out on a graph.

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki Have you tried emailing a MAC make up artist? Yup, they suggested LoveDust or Tanarama. I couldn't find tanarama the other day though, only found lovedust by chance! Thanks
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Hey Laura...
I got to thinking, and I know I've heard some raves for Siss, and it seems like it could be a lookalike. I'll have to take a looksie the next time I'm at the counter!

Sounds cool! I'll check that out if i call to MAC during the week & i'll let u know the story! Thanks for the rec
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by haloinrverse ugh, thats totally crap. if i was feeling equally feisty, i would loved to have said something like "my business funds your paycheck." you should write a complaint to macs customer service. i hear theyre pretty generous with free items when they get complaints.
if you ever run into the same SA again, tell her to take the three seconds to look it up in her book. they have binders with charts of every display. they can look it up alphabetically, and its also charted out on a graph.

They are all like that in my MAC jasmine. I've emailed MAC twice before about them & i was told they'd "look into the matter".. Anytime i get MAC now, i make sure i know exactly what i want, go to the counter & walk back out. I never stand around & browse like i'd like to coz they'd all just look at me stupid.
I remember going in there before the shadesticks came out & i was asking when they would be getting them in. None of them knew what i was talking about until i started describing them. Then one of them said "OH the FAT eyeliner", they won't be in for ages yet. I went in 2 days later to get something for my sister & they were on display! Ugh, they make me so mad just writing about them!

that totally stinks! im sorry.
frown.gif
i would really love to work for mac, but the general consensus was that im not experienced enough. id like to know what sort of people they DO want, because theyre rude beeyotches way too often, plus they dont know their makeup! i once asked what sort of glitter brilliants they have available at the counter. the girl acted like i was nuts, and refused to comprehend what i was asking for. i clarified that it was loose glitter, and she made up some name for them, as if i was the one who didnt know the right name. lol.

when im at work and someone asks for something that i havent heard of, i admit that i dont know it, and go find out!

Originally Posted by laura127 Yup, they suggested LoveDust or Tanarama. I couldn't find tanarama the other day though, only found lovedust by chance! Thanks
biggrin.gif
icon_smile.gif

Sent my sister into MAC today for me to get LoveDust.. Yippee, i love getting new make up, will let ye know what i think about it tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Verdict on MAC LoveDust.. i HATE it!! How can i go from loving something i've tested like week to hating it a few days later??

Colour is more darker than C-Thru so to be honest it looks like a dark concealer on my lips. What cracks me up more though is the texture of the lipstick. It was my 1st MAC lipstick ever & if they're all like Lovedust then i'll never get another one. How un-moisturising it it? It felt like i was dragging the lipstick across my lips instead of gliding it. Big thumbs down from me for this one girls. Putting it straight on my swap list!

Feisty, sorry i recommended it! Try Siss insteaad!

Latest posts

Back