MAC Master Class: Makeup as Art

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This past Sunday I was lucky enough to attend a MAC Master class. It was taught by Victor C. a Senior MAC Artist. He has worked on tours with Missy Elliot, Cher and Liza Minelli. He also does a lot of runway work. The class was amazing!!! I learned techniques for "couture" makeup. Basically artistry for high fashion photo shoots, editorial work and runway.

I think I may have found a new passion. I have worked primarily in Beauty Makeup Artistry. I do love that area, but I am a little tired of it. I don't find it very challenging anymore. But Couture Makeup pushes you to the limit of imagination and creativity. I think I am going to do some "free" work so I can add it to my portfolio. Yay!! I am so excited.

Good for you Manders! Sounds interesting and exciting. Glad you got the opportunity to take the class.

Where was the Master's Class? Isn't Victor so funny and amazingly talented? I have been to two of his seminars and he is just so freaking talented.

That sounds so much fun! I wish I could put makeup on my patients and make practice a little more fun some times. LOL

ive got 3 weddings in the next 4 weeks...wanna fly to chicago and i can be your portfolio?
smile.gif

I'm interested in print & runway as well. I'm really torn about this. Do I spend the money on law school after I get my B.S. in Legal Studies next year, or do I spend $8000 at Make UP Designory?

That sounds neat Manders, that area IS really creative, you can do so many amazing things with makeup. Need a model, I'm willing
wink.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif This past Sunday I was lucky enough to attend a MAC Master class. It was taught by Victor C. a Senior MAC Artist. He has worked on tours with Missy Elliot, Cher and Liza Minelli. He also does a lot of runway work. The class was amazing!!! I learned techniques for "couture" makeup. Basically artistry for high fashion photo shoots, editorial work and runway.
I think I may have found a new passion. I have worked primarily in Beauty Makeup Artistry. I do love that area, but I am a little tired of it. I don't find it very challenging anymore. But Couture Makeup pushes you to the limit of imagination and creativity. I think I am going to do some "free" work so I can add it to my portfolio. Yay!! I am so excited.

Hi,
I've attended a couple of the master classes here in NYC. One was run by Gordon Espinet (he's such a lovely fellow - very approachable
icon7.gif
). If you get the chance, try to attend the ones run by the Powder Group too. They're based here in NYC, but started travelling to other cities last year. Their seminars are amazing.
icon14.gif
21.gif
icon10.gif

Latest posts

Back