MAC newbie

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've never ever tried any MAC products because i can't find any stores where i live. anyway i am really excited about maybe trying some of their new products. got any recommendations??

why does everybody love mac so much?

thnx!

well. mac has a whole spectrum of things to check out. is there anything specific that you would like?

i like mac because they have nice colors, they work well on me, and they're fairly inexpensive when you compare prices.

Originally Posted by Liz well. mac has a whole spectrum of things to check out. is there anything specific that you would like?
i like mac because they have nice colors, they work well on me, and they're fairly inexpensive when you compare prices.

I know! I was really surprised when i went on their website to find that they wasn't as expensive as i had originally thought
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i was looking for a primer, mac recommended 'prep n prime' (something like that)...have you tried it? what do you think of it? your skin looks so flawless, what is your make up/skin care routine? i'm having skin troubles atm, it's not acne but i'm thinking it's an allergic reaction to a product i've been using. they also recommended the spf15 foundation, again-have you used it and what do you think of it? also, what about any eyeliners or mascaras? i would love an eyeliner that is smudgeproof, and a mascara that adds volume and thickens lashes. thank you. ps) there are no mac stores by me so i only have the website to refer to
~YourOneAndOnly
biggrin.gif

Some of my favorite products are:

Lustreglasses - Sinnamon, Star Nova & Love Nectar

Lipglasses - VGV & Mad Cap

E/s - too many to name.

Fluidlines - blacktrack, shade, and blue peep

Skin care - MAC Wipes, Fix + & of course, Strobe Cream.

Start out with the basics: eyeshadow, lipstick, lipgloss, an eye khol, and even blush.

I'll list some of my favorites (at the moment...hehehe
biggrin.gif
):

Eyeshadow: Carbon (Black: great for smoky eyes), Amber Lights (Rich gold), Leisuretime (Deep shimmery lilac), Swimming (Green w/ shimmer), Shroom (Iridescent beige/champagne: great for an eyelid wash or a browbone highlighter)... the list goes on!

Lipstick: Freckletone (neutral peach), Viva Glam V (deeper pink-mauve neutral), Siss (muted golden beige), High Tea (light pearly pink)...

Lipglass: C-Thru!! (I love this one: Milky nude w/light shimmer), Prrr (Pink-peach with frost), Lychee Luxe (Bright coral), Underage (pale pink w/ shimmer).

Eye Khol: Teddy (warm shimmery brown), Smolder (smoky-eye black), Minted (bright green w/ slight shimmer), Ola Viola (light lilac), Out To Sea (bright teal-blue), Ivy (shimmery light turquoise).

Blush: Dollymix (bright pink w/ shimmer), Gingerly (peachy-bronze), Peaches (Peach), Tenderling (light pink), Margin (peach with intense gold shimmer)...

Hope I helped~! Happy Shopping!

Yes definetely their blushes!! Peaches is gorgeous!!:icon_love

Ikebana I heard that Smolder is not so black,it's more grey-black.Is that true??
icon_rolleyes.gif

On me, Smolder shows up true to color: really black. Sometimes at the end of the day, the oils on my skin change the pigmentation of the e/l a bit and it turns slightly grey-- but that can be fixed by topping Smolder with a dark black e/s for maximum staying power. "Phone Number" eye khol on the other hand, is more of a grey black with shimmer.

Ikebana's suggestions are great!!
smile.gif
I started out with the lipglass and eyeshadow, which is a good place to start since MAC's got a great color line!! I also love their eye kohls, blushes, Fluidlines, Blot Powder, and lipsticks. I want to try their fave stuff sometime soon, and I'm thinking I'll try the Studio Finish and Select Cover Up Concealors as well as the Select Tint. Specific color recs:

Lipglass: Viva Glam V, Cultured, Prrr, C-Thru, Underage, Lovechild, Revealing, and Mad Cap

Eyeshadow: Jest, Mulch, Nylon, Phloof!, Shroom, Satin Taupe, Bronze, Greensmoke, Tempting, Humid, Swimming, and Naked Lunch

Eye Kohls: Smolder, Teddy, and Tarnish

Blushes: Trace Gold, Ambering Rose, Foolish Me, Pinch O Peach, and Blushbaby

Fluidlines: Dipdown, Waveline, Rich Ground, and Macroviolet

Lipsticks: Fresh Brew, Plink!, Politely Pink, and Viva Glam V

Those aren't all my faves of course, but a few!!
tongue.gif
I'd also suggest looking at pics of these items online (here or MUA is a good choice!) since you can't see them in real life. It'll help tremendously!!

Latest posts

Back